Will the Wii U be Nintendo's last console?

#1dataDyneSoldierPosted 5/9/2013 12:34:16 PM
Will the Wii U be Nintendo's last console? - Results (316 votes)
Yes - Lack of third party support is too much for Nintendo to overcome
14.24% (45 votes)
No - Their first party titles will sell enough to support a future console
68.67% (217 votes)
Maybe - It's still too early to tell
17.09% (54 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Is Nintendo headed down the path of Sega? I would LOVE to be able to play Zelda/Mario games on consoles I actually own, but the Wii U is just not worth it to me.
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013 playoff run: Round 1 vs. Detroit Red Wings | Ducks lead 3-2
Game 1: 3-1 | Game 2: 4-5 | Game 3: 4-0 | Game 4: 2-3 | Game 5: 3-2
#2ALLHALLOWEENEVEPosted 5/9/2013 12:46:13 PM
Same story different gen...
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3DTY3Posted 5/9/2013 12:48:02 PM
TC you aren't much of a gamer if a console has a bunch of exclusives you want to play but you won't get it simply because it's Nintendo.

Anyway any intelligent person would know the answer is no.
Sad how much people want Nintendo to fail just so they can play Mario, etc without having to play on a "children's console".
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4TerotrousPosted 5/9/2013 12:50:01 PM(edited)
Only if there are no more consoles at all after this gen, and it's too early to call that.

At some point, I suspect handhelds will completely replace consoles (once increasing the power is no longer feasible, the next step is to make it smaller and stuff a screen on it), but it may not be yet.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Aladdin"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5thundercat2600Posted 5/9/2013 12:51:41 PM
Need an option for "OMG, Nintendo has MONEY IN THE BANK!! They'll keep sinking money into a failing business for decades!!!"
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#6MasterPokerPosted 5/9/2013 12:54:10 PM
Because the Wii U, which currently registers a profit the moment an owner buys one game or accessory, will cause so many billions in lost funds that Nintendo will have to drop out of gaming?
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#7DTY3Posted 5/9/2013 1:00:37 PM
MasterPoker posted...
Because the Wii U, which currently registers a profit the moment an owner buys one game or accessory, will cause so many billions in lost funds that Nintendo will have to drop out of gaming?

Yes. Never mind the fact that the 3DS prints money.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#8GamerguymassPosted 5/9/2013 1:06:56 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Need an option for "OMG, Nintendo has MONEY IN THE BANK!! They'll keep sinking money into a failing business for decades!!!"

Except Nintendo is still making money. They posted one loss in in 30 years. Sony has been losing money for the previous 10 years and hasn't made a profit on the PS3 at all. Neither one is going anywhere any time soon. Not unless Sony as a corporation collapses. And even then they would probably just restructure from an electronics company to an entertainment company only making games/movies/music.
#91shadetail1Posted 5/9/2013 1:09:35 PM
There are at least one or two generations of consoles left, given the general rate of decline, and the smart money says that Nintendo will be there until the end.

If something unexpected happens and consoles manage to last longer, the future is more murky, but Nintendo will still continue for a while regardless. The simple facts of the matter are that Nintendo is currently the strongest of the console companies when it comes to financial performance.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#10distr0iaPosted 5/9/2013 1:18:01 PM
Nintendo cycle!

wheeeee :D