I havent touched my Wii U in months

#1Keybored123Posted 5/9/2013 4:32:58 PM
I figured this would happen after beating new super mario just happily waiting for the good games to come out ... this pretty much happens to any new system I get

anyway.... last time I used it there was no virtual console and Ive really really wanted to play LttP on my wii U gamepad downstairs away from my Wii U...

what is the virtual console like now ? can I play them on the gamepad screen now ? is there a lot of games ?
#2StickMen1090Posted 5/9/2013 4:33:53 PM
why dont you check it out?
#3SocranPosted 5/9/2013 4:48:47 PM
The VC games have to be released in chunks, since each one needs to be individually tweaked for the modified VC. LttP is there on the old Wii VC, but isn't gamepad-compatible yet. I believe the "biggest" Wii U VC out right now is Super Mario World, although Super Metroid will be coming (for thirty cents) in a few days, so definitely take the time to pick that up.

I expect LttP will be a priority, though, since the "sequel" will be coming out soon.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4KAMMYqueenPosted 5/9/2013 5:26:22 PM
StickMen1090 posted...

---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#5biggy204Posted 5/9/2013 5:55:16 PM
KAMMYqueen posted...
StickMen1090 posted...

Maybe its because since he has not touched the Wii U in months, thus making him wait 10-30mins or more for the firmware update to download and install just to checki of there are VC games he may or may not want. *shrugs*
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#6TalentedMPosted 5/9/2013 9:44:44 PM
Keybored123 posted...

what is the virtual console like now ? can I play them on the gamepad screen now ? is there a lot of games ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(North_America)

Those are the games out and coming out soon that we know of.

You can play them on the gamepad screen if they are for WiiU and you upgrade the ones you have or purchase the ones for WiiU.

There are savestates as well for them, which can come in handy for those difficult games back in the day.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads/virtual-console/

Above is a link to the official site which gives you all the features available to the ones for WiiU that you either upgrade or purchase.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#7Kentaro21Posted 5/9/2013 10:22:43 PM
I know what you mean. I haven't played it in days. Finals, you know.
#8SakurafanboyPosted 5/9/2013 10:38:09 PM
right now I use it for YouTube and even that is rare since I have a laptop. Meeeeeeh......... wii u's really a slug right now.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#9Ryan-06Posted 5/9/2013 11:11:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10TalentedMPosted 5/9/2013 11:17:50 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
^^ Yes.

Get some money back tc. Sell that Wii Dead and use the money towards PS4. You will not regret it one bit! Futureproofed and ready for real next gen.

Oh man, you really are pushing it Ryan-06. Getting close to that button that says I wont be able to see your posts anymore. Don't make me do it!

It is a slug right now and the next consoles probobly wont be available for a while (I am putting money on 11/12/13). I have 0 faith in either of the other 2 to give out quality products as both the 360(s) I had RROD on me and my PS3 has had nothing but issues with.

"real next gen" is actually a gem of a phrase. I love that quote as if the games look better than anything from this gen.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity