I'm REALLY not digging the Wii U's Virtual Console.

#1VyersPosted 5/9/2013 4:17:42 PM
For someone like me who has a lot of the games available on it through Wii VC, there's almost nothing for me besides paying in the range of a dollar to upgrade it.

If that wasn't enough, Nintendo seems perfectly content with going at the same dead pace as they went in the last few years of the Wii's lifespan. If THAT wasn't enough, they aren't even releasing based on demand. Xevious and Solomon's Key are good, but no one asked for them - at least, not compared to the demand for A Link to the Past and Super Metroid. In light of this, they really needed to launch with GameCube and GBA VC right away.

I wouldn't even mind so much the fee that people have to pay to make their games compatible if we weren't going to end up waiting an arbitrary amount of time for these games to be released. Nintendo really dropped the ball here.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2zatOMGPosted 5/9/2013 4:19:52 PM
I have to agree. The trickle release, of the same games all over again? Just so I can play on the damn Gamepad?

Sorry, this is piss poor execution. Piss poor.
#3KouramaPosted 5/9/2013 4:21:25 PM
I agree 100%.
#4Baha05Posted 5/9/2013 4:23:12 PM
Yeah hopefully it won't be this slow, the 3DS VC I could better understand with them needing to release GB and other handhelds, the Wii U has no excuse for slow release.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5VernnonPosted 5/9/2013 4:24:29 PM
Kourama posted...
I agree 100%.

Same, they could do better with the vc.
#6MARl0Posted 5/9/2013 4:26:45 PM
Completely agree.
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) / Pandora's Tower (Wii)
#7EoinPosted 5/9/2013 4:31:06 PM
Maybe hold off for a little bit. Remember when Sony introduced PSone compatibility for the Vita, and there were only a few games (in North America) and people were complaining that it would take ages - instead it ended up ramping up to a high percentage of the PSone library very quickly (still some missing, but not masses). If the Wii U Virtual Console is still lacking in numbers and only growing by a tiny amount each week in a few months (admittedly, this is very likely to be the case) then there'll be more cause for criticism.
#8Faceman_Posted 5/9/2013 4:34:58 PM
Agreed. Almost got sick to my stomach earlier when I saw the garbage VC games they added this week. Put out the Marios, Zeldas, Metroids, Castlevania's and THEN throw the bargain bin games that nobody wants or cares about out.
#9Banjo2553Posted 5/9/2013 4:37:31 PM
Yeah, I was honestly expecting them to throw out some new games every once in a while or re-release the VC in larger packs each update. As it stands now it's very disappointing.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#10KouramaPosted 5/9/2013 4:37:34 PM
My concern is that it took a while for the update that improved the OS speeds and introduced the VC, to now find out that we have such limited choices in VC games.

I can imagine that they may be waiting to finish their $.30 promotion, but if that is the case the least they can do is make any club nintendo Wii reward games playable in Wii U mode with all it's features.