A recent post has got me thinking... *Must Read*

#1LilMajerCartunePosted 5/9/2013 7:28:48 PM
Earlier today I read a topic posted by P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N.
reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66155732

In the post, one of the things that stood out to me in the article is that Nintendo would like the opportunity to 're-introduce' the Wii U. Now I instantly thought, that's pretty much impossible at this point... But then I thought, what if they re-branded it (like they've recently done with the Wii to Wii U remote controller) and simply presented a new console (in a way) by just simply naming it... U! Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it will be a COMPLETELY brand new console, just a rename (and maybe minor advancements like a better GPU, ram, and etc. [especially since minor complaints over third party support, although that's very doubtful...]). But I think people would respect this more and get a better understanding of the console.

Maybe this is why Nintendo hasn't wasted their time really promoting the console lately and would like a second chance of doing so, they pretty much want the "Wii U" name to fade away. Let's be honest, it's not like many people know about the Wii U anyway so it's not like it's hurting Nintendo much by doing this. Now as far as the current Wii U consoles you have or are on store shelves now... Ambassador program anyone? : )

But in a nutshell what I'm getting at is, same system, different name! I'm just calling it now! But hey, I've been wrong before so whatever lol, but just a thought.
---
"I'm not a nerd, I just Google a lot." - David "Lil Majer" Prunty
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 5/9/2013 7:31:14 PM
A new name would help. Heck, anything would help at this point.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3MotiJrPosted 5/9/2013 7:33:03 PM
This new name obsession is just stupid. It has been named and changing the name now would be foolish. It is called the Wii U. Suck it up and just deal with it. Would you rather they announce games at e3 or unveil a new name?
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#4FayeLadyPosted 5/9/2013 7:35:02 PM
If they were going to alter the name they would not drop Wii from it. Wii has more equity in it than most of their other brands.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5LilMajerCartune(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 7:36:54 PM
MotiJr posted...
This new name obsession is just stupid. It has been named and changing the name now would be foolish. It is called the Wii U. Suck it up and just deal with it. Would you rather they announce games at e3 or unveil a new name?

Hmm... Why not both? Explain how it would be foolish, hardcore Nintendo fans know about the Wii U and understand it, your casual audience DON'T. So Like I've previously stated, it's not like it's gonna hurt them any, it would leave no one confused.
---
#6LilMajerCartune(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 7:38:11 PM
FayeLady posted...
If they were going to alter the name they would not drop Wii from it. Wii has more equity in it than most of their other brands.

I disagree, the "Wii" brand connected to the "Wii U" is what's hurting it and causing confusion!
---
#7occupation_bobPosted 5/9/2013 7:40:44 PM
Meh. Maybe they should have just called it the Wii 2. People didn't care about them doing that with the iPhone.

While I'm bringing up that point, the names "iPod" and "iPhone" are so insanely stupid. "Wii" isn't that much of a stretch in naming quality. I think people could learn to like it just fine.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata.
#8diggyfreshPosted 5/9/2013 7:44:12 PM
I'm curious also. What does "re-introduce" mean? Maybe Nintendo doesn't understand you only get one chance to make a first impression.
---
CURRENTLY PLAYING:: Lego City Undercover
PROGRESS:: About 3 hrs. into the game.
#9FayeLadyPosted 5/9/2013 7:46:50 PM
LilMajerCartune posted...
FayeLady posted...

I disagree, the "Wii" brand connected to the "Wii U" is what's hurting it and causing confusion!

Didn't seem to hurt the any of the DS or gameboy systems.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10LilMajerCartune(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 8:08:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]