A recent post has got me thinking... *Must Read*

#11Virus66Posted 5/9/2013 8:03:28 PM
"maybe minor advancements like a better GPU, ram,"

That's not minor, and changing the insides would not be a "reintroduction" for the console. At that point, they might as well just make a whole new console. That would essentially ensure that the nearly 4 million people who already purchased the console have wasted their money because developers aren't going to cater to the lowest denominator. Having multiple system specs is a death sentence.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#12MotiJrPosted 5/9/2013 8:05:40 PM
LilMajerCartune posted...
MotiJr posted...
This new name obsession is just stupid. It has been named and changing the name now would be foolish. It is called the Wii U. Suck it up and just deal with it. Would you rather they announce games at e3 or unveil a new name?

Hmm... Why not both? Explain how it would be foolish, hardcore Nintendo fans know about the Wii U and understand it, your casual audience DON'T. So Like I've previously stated, it's not like it's gonna hurt them any, it would leave no one confused.

You seem to be under the impression that rebranding costs no money and that all items already available in stores, will magically be rebranded too. From a business standpoint, rebranding would be one of the worst, most pointless decisions to make. It is business suicide.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#13TalentedMPosted 5/9/2013 8:10:59 PM

Because those aren't casual products! When's the last time you seen your granddad picking up a Gameboy Color or Nintendo DS? The Wii just simply does not appeal to the hardcore market, it's that simple. The "Wii" add-on is just making things confusing and not to mention the fact that the name just sounds r******* anyway...

My grandfather has been getting gameboys since the original. You have underestimated my granddad!

(he loves his Tetris)
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#14HaloOfTheSun442Posted 5/9/2013 8:14:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15LilMajerCartune(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 8:15:40 PM
Virus66 posted...
"maybe minor advancements like a better GPU, ram,"

That's not minor, and changing the insides would not be a "reintroduction" for the console. At that point, they might as well just make a whole new console. That would essentially ensure that the nearly 4 million people who already purchased the console have wasted their money because developers aren't going to cater to the lowest denominator. Having multiple system specs is a death sentence.

Why didn't you quote the part where I said although that's very doubtful? It was just wishful thinking bro...

MotiJr posted...
MotiJr posted...
This new name obsession is just stupid. It has been named and changing the name now would be foolish. It is called the Wii U. Suck it up and just deal with it. Would you rather they announce games at e3 or unveil a new name?

Hmm... Why not both? Explain how it would be foolish, hardcore Nintendo fans know about the Wii U and understand it, your casual audience DON'T. So Like I've previously stated, it's not like it's gonna hurt them any, it would leave no one confused.

You seem to be under the impression that rebranding costs no money and that all items already available in stores, will magically be rebranded too. From a business standpoint, rebranding would be one of the worst, most pointless decisions to make. It is business suicide.

I understand that it would cost them money, but not an excessive amount I'm pretty sure. But you've still yet to elaborate on how it would be terrible from a business stand point, you just keep saying it'll just be bad. And you also missed the point where I said "... as far as the current Wii U consoles you have or are on store shelves now... Ambassador program anyone?". READ.
---
"I'm not a nerd, I just Google a lot." - David "Lil Majer" Prunty
#16DBPanterAPosted 5/9/2013 11:34:08 PM
Nintendo's energy should not be wasted trying to put a new name on a console that many people thought was dumb to begin with, but they went forward regardless.

Their energy should be spent trying to engage the North American consumer by 1) Getting games onto their console and 2) Stepping up their on-line component so it at least appears to be designed during the Obama Administration.

In return, their customers need to stop whining about prices and folk over the money for entertainment, including 3rd party software. It's pretty simple.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#17Pete41608Posted 5/10/2013 1:29:19 AM
"maybe minor advancements like a better GPU, ram, and etc."

"Ambassador program anyone?"

You think an 'Ambassador Program' would be fine with Wii U owners who bought before the re-branding? I would be very pissed, better GPU, more RAM?

Nintendo: "Take A Look At The New Zelda"

Wii U Owners: "F*** Yeah!! Woo Hoo!! Awesome!!"

Nintendo: "You Will Be Playing It, THIS Holiday! Also Because Zelda U Needs 3GB of RAM To Function At All, It Will NEVER Be Released on Wii U" "Please Understand, I Apologize.

Also, Surprise Wii U Owners, Here's A Few Ambassador Games!!"

Wii U Owners: --____--

Wouldn't be a smart move this early in. Honestly I would never buy a Nintendo product again if a travesty like that happened.
---
Wii U/PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418