To people that complain about WIiU not having enough games

#1excitebike64Posted 5/9/2013 10:12:57 PM
Do you not replay games?
Sell finished games?
Just always ignore the past?

I would think buying five NEW games could last a long time, especially if you have a backlog of any kind at all.
#2Kentaro21Posted 5/9/2013 10:15:16 PM
Good point.
#3TheCelticArcherPosted 5/9/2013 10:17:37 PM
Depends on the length of a game, I can speed through a platformer and get all the collectables within a week, but a decently long RPG can take me at least a month to get through.
That being said, I am looking forward to some new games in a couple months.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#4GiygasminionPosted 5/9/2013 10:35:40 PM
I agree with you, TC. I'm trying to catch up on my backlog-- which ballooned out of control in recent years.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#5backguard222Posted 5/9/2013 10:41:29 PM
Backlog for another system? What is the point of owning a WiiU then if you are just going to play your backlog?

And no most gamers are not completionists like you describe. You can look at achievement/trophy percentage completion as a proxy.

Playing 5 games into dust would get extremely boring unless they are the rare gems that can last forever (Skyrim, WOW etc.). WiiU has that with MH3 for those people that haven't played the previous iterations. Nothing else like that though.
#6DiscostewSMPosted 5/9/2013 10:47:12 PM
For my Wii U, I have quite a few games I haven't finished, and then some that I haven't even touched yet. I don't play games all day, nor do I finish games so soon after purchasing them. I have other stuff I do. Some work, some play, and play doesn't mean only video games, so I don't have to worry about if there's a drought.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7cmincPosted 5/9/2013 10:58:30 PM
excitebike64 posted...
Do you not replay games?
Sell finished games?
Just always ignore the past?

I would think buying five NEW games could last a long time, especially if you have a backlog of any kind at all.

Ive not been complaining that much, but i have been annoyed with nintendo here lately so i'll bite :)

I replay games that warrant multiple playthroughs. A quality platformer can keep me entertained for months. Mario wiiu did just that and now im kind of sick of it. The problem ive run into with the wiiu is that its only got one great to decent game for each genre and many of those i simply dont care for. It doesnt help when a lot of those titles are a year old, either, because in the case of spiderman and arkham city, my wiiu playthroughs WERE my second or third playthroughs.

I sell finished games when i feel ive seen or done everything im interested in. Its easy to say goodbye to games that are light on content to start with when theyre not that great and unfortunately, thats pretty much the bulk of the wiiu line up, right now. I keep first rate exclusives for the most part, there just arent that many.

As far as ignoring the past, i dont know what you mean. If youre referencing the virtual console, youre correct in that i did all the playing old games i'm going to do last gen through the last two years on the wii where nothing came out but xeno, skyward sword and last story. If youre talking about, not buying consoles early, ive learned to stop taking nintendos word for it when they promise consistent releases.

I feel like i'm especially screwed, too because i'm kind of zelda and mario'd out from last year on 3ds, i see no value in pikmin and from the looks of igns e3 list, there doesnt seem to be much different than that on the horizon. The really sad part is that i only game about 10 hrs a week. I cant imagine what the truly hardcore are going through. Though, i can certainly understand their disappointment.
---
---
#8TalentedMPosted 5/9/2013 11:03:01 PM
I don't expect the system to have 100 games only 5-6 months after its release. I do expect that the system would have quite a few within that time in order to tide people over, which it doesn't.

I am enjoying MH3U for sure, but I sure could have used some Pikmin and Rayman right now along with the rest I have purchased.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#9excitebike64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 8:16:01 AM
The ignoring the past comment is referring to older systems. Be it Nintendo, or the competition like Sony.

Unless you are a young gamer, it is safe to assume most WiiU owners have other consoles. Unless of course, they are the type that ignore the past and sell it all for the newer stuff.

It's almost like with movies... just dedicated systems (so a little different). Most people can watch movies from different publishers and not complain. But if all you watch is Disney... that could get old despite how massive the movie selection is.
#10CyricsServantPosted 5/10/2013 8:22:02 AM(edited)
backguard222 posted...
Backlog for another system? What is the point of owning a WiiU then if you are just going to play your backlog?