To people that complain about WIiU not having enough games

#31SlimeSwayzePosted 5/10/2013 2:31:18 PM
excitebike64 posted...
Do you not replay games?
Sell finished games?
Just always ignore the past?

I would think buying five NEW games could last a long time, especially if you have a backlog of any kind at all.

So in this topic we disregard people who like new games, exclusives, and variety.

I think the problem is that unless you only own a Wii U, there is rarely any reason to turn it on unless you do just like replaying the same thing over and over again. The only people I can imagine who have multiple options of games and get to experience new things regularly are those who don't already have a 360, PS3, or PC.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#32excitebike64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:59:47 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Do you not replay games?
Sell finished games?

I would think buying five NEW games could last a long time, especially if you have a backlog of any kind at all.

So in this topic we disregard people who like new games, exclusives, and variety.

I think the problem is that unless you only own a Wii U, there is rarely any reason to turn it on unless you do just like replaying the same thing over and over again. The only people I can imagine who have multiple options of games and get to experience new things regularly are those who don't already have a 360, PS3, or PC.

No. Wanting variety is different than undervaluing what a game is from the get go.
The point being, the WIiU has as good a launch as any system, game wise.
People complaining are not looking at it objectively at all. Objectively, the WiiU standings is good, and will only get better.

Then again, I suspect a lot complaining about games also wish Nintendo sold games for 20 bucks. I'm sure a Venn Diagram would show a massive overlap between these two opinions.
#33omescythePosted 5/10/2013 4:22:47 PM
unfortunately the wii u is in a bad position.

yes it has some good 3rd party games. however most that are interesting have been played before. like mass effect 3. not going to get that for the wii u when can get it for the 360 and have my character throughout the trilogy.

yes it can play wii games. however still got a wii and don't have a backlog of wii games to play. not up to replaying wii games any time soon.

yes there are virtual console games. however its hard to check them out without a wii u, if the wii and 3ds eshop is any indication then sure there some great classics and probably the odd good indy game but there not a whole lot there. on top of that without a proper account system its just not up to the standers that other have set.

so buying a wii u right this second isn't very appealing.
#34SlimeSwayzePosted 5/10/2013 7:53:17 PM
excitebike64 posted...
No. Wanting variety is different than undervaluing what a game is from the get go.
People complaining are not looking at it objectively at all. Objectively, the WiiU standings is good, and will only get better..

Now that the launch window has come and gone, I have to say that anyone who says that the Wii U's launch was just as good as any other system has to be very out of touch. It ranks among the worst launches of all time. I can't think of a single system that provided less value, appealing features, and exclusive content for the first six months of its lifespan. Maybe a handful of systems had equally bad launches, but very few have actually had worse ones.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#35Jacob46719Posted 5/10/2013 7:55:55 PM
excitebike64 posted...
Do you not replay games?
Sell finished games?

---
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#36pikachupwnagePosted 5/10/2013 8:03:14 PM
Wii U has tons of games for me.

I own four retail games and 5 digital. I have several games to buy including

Batman arkham city
Need for speed
Lego city undercover
Monster hunter 3 Ultimate
Injustice.
Assassins creed 3

And a massvie future list including

Mario
Mario kart
Smash bros
Zelda
Pikmin 3
Wind waker HD
Splinter cell
Watch dogs
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Etc,
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#37excitebike64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 8:07:01 AM(edited)
SlimeSwayze posted...
excitebike64 posted...
People complaining are not looking at it objectively at all. Objectively, the WiiU standings is good, and will only get better..

Now that the launch window has come and gone, I have to say that anyone who says that the Wii U's launch was just as good as any other system has to be very out of touch. It ranks among the worst launches of all time. I can't think of a single system that provided less value, appealing features, and exclusive content for the first six months of its lifespan. Maybe a handful of systems had equally bad launches, but very few have actually had worse ones.

I would say the opposite. The WIiU launch is very similar to the PS2 launch. A lot of games, then a brief drought for the first half of year.

PS1 and PS3 had a low number of games. The SNES only five games for a while. Then when more games came, we had ports like all transitions... Populous for example. We all know the N64 launch. The only thing keeping that in the positive was how Mario 64 was revolutionary. Sega, not much better than Nintendo. I will say the Dreamcast might have started some expectations of launches. But still lower than the number of WiiU games.

Gamecube was pretty good, but WiiU still did more. I think GCN is praised by getting SSB fairly early. But that was because of the hype from the N64 SSB, I do believe. Same reason NSMBU came out early. The hype of NSMB on the Wii.

There are only two blunders, and both minor if Nintendo changes. A lot of people do not know what a WiiU is. Just like people did not know what a Super Nintendo was for a couple years. And for the people in the know, the Rayman game being held back hurt sales. Easily explains the no show of 4 million sales. Nintendo should have paid for an exclusive, if only a time exclusive, because they hyped the game way too much to give freedom to Ubisoft like they did. But heck, Ubisoft is still releasing most games for WiiU. May not matter once people know about the WiiU for what it really is.