65.22% (135 votes)
Bad
14.98% (31 votes)
Worst in the series
8.21% (17 votes)
Haven't played it
6.28% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I thought it was good, not the best in the whole series but definitely a good game.
---
Wii U and 3DS for my current gen gaming. PS4 or 720 will be added a later date.
#2trenkenPosted 5/10/2013 9:45:07 AM
Honestly I had to go with bad because the game left such a sour taste in my mouth. I didnt like how everything outside of the dungeons was basically a dungeon. Story was totally forgettable, the motion controls worked fine, but I dont like waving my arms around to play games. Ill go play tennis if I want to do that and get some real exercise.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3pokemonfreak97Posted 5/10/2013 9:45:09 AM
I like it. Great game, not the pinnacle of the series (OoT or TP for sure) but far from bad.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#4CyricsServantPosted 5/10/2013 9:47:33 AM(edited)
One vote for "good."

I like the game's aesthetics, though it still looked a bit blurry compared to non-Wii games. I thought the combat, though a little wonky, was good overall. It felt fresh and innovative. I also like how they treated the game as an origin story. It shed a lot of light on why things are as they are in an otherwise disjointed series. It's probably the most plot-heavy Zelda game there is, which is a serious plus in its favor.

I thought it was far, far better than Twilight Princess, and maybe a tad bit better than Wind Waker. I still don't love it as much as OoT or MM though.
#5kaliskonigPosted 5/10/2013 9:46:15 AM
I got through the first dungeon and have not been in a hurry to play again. The controls are just to troublesome.
#6The_Shadow_LinkPosted 5/10/2013 9:47:37 AM
Worst in the Series.

That doesn't make it a bad game per say... but it's one that is lacking in so much in comparison to all the other Zelda's out there. Out of the Big 3D 5, I can easily place it last on the list.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#7Crazy_tank51Posted 5/10/2013 9:51:54 AM
The thing I hate the most is the fact they shoved Wii Motion Plus onto EVERY SINGLE THING THEY COULD SHOVE IT ON! I mean, the sword play is cool and all, it works with the bird and items (<3 Beetle) but directing your falls with it? Using it to swim? Playing Rubix Cube to open the freaking Boss doors!? We get it, 1:1 detection, now stop shoving it in my face and let me play!

Also items are now mostly useless in combat. In previous Zeldas, I want to fire an arrow at an enemy, I just lock on and fire. That's it. Not in this game, I gotta realign the crosshair and then windmill my arm to point at the enemy. By the time I've done this, I've either:

A. Been hit.
B. Could have slashed the enemy in half by that point.

But other than those two problems, I love the game.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#8ShankspearePosted 5/10/2013 10:15:52 AM
SPOILERS.....................................................

Good. I would have to say it is nailed somethings and failed at some others. The dungeon design was hit or miss at times. However the fluidity and deepness of both the overworld and dungeons were the necessary progressions of the series in terms of design. I think they traded some of this new design for a lack of variety in other sections. Examples of this was the Lanryu Desert and its time machine orbs and the temple puzzle at the end. I can definitely see some of these ideas carrying on into the next title. On the other hand, those spirit world/stealth missions were.....played out after the second time. So little variety.

The controls were fantastic and I wish there were some more items. Flight was awesome but I wish it was more battle infused which is hard to imagine with the control scheme they chose.

The story for me, was the best example of a reboot in a long while. It felt like they were re-establishing the series in terms of Zelda and Link's relationship and their narrative conventions thus far. They chose to make it much more interactive than previous installments however, these choices didn't affect the narrative as much as I would have liked. The final boss battle was great except for the "dynasty warriors" thing they tried right before Ghirahim.....what was that Nintendo? Other than those gripes I think they nailed the atmosphere and story. Ghirahim was disturbing and hilarious which was a nice foil to the imprisoned. Impa (as did much of this story) harkened back ever so slightly to the time bending and destiny infused awesomeness of OoT.

Music was beautiful, up there with Xenoblade in my opinion. Melding with the art style which I thought made me remember why the child in me loves to just look around in these things. On a side note, can the team who made Okami and Nintendo EAD (Aonuma san)PLEASE MAKE A ZEN WALL MURAL WITH THE LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES USING THE WII U PANAORAMIC VIEW. Back on topic, I think this was a very ambitious title that deserves to sit among its forebears. Not the best but definitely
#9WiseWarrior101Posted 5/10/2013 10:18:15 AM
It's my second favorite Zelda game behind Ocarina of Time 3D. It took a couple years for it to get that high, but I love it now.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
I found Yoshi's Story harder than The Lost Levels. Number of people who agree: Absolutely no one.
#10NejiHyuga900Posted 5/10/2013 10:22:34 AM(edited)
I voted for:
Best in the series

Skyward Sword is my second favorite Zelda game of all time (would of been first if it wasn't for some things I didn't like from it) but Ocarina of Time still stands to be my number 1 but Skyward Sword did came close of being my number 1 favorite Zelda game.

From: WiseWarrior101 | Posted: 5/10/2013 1:18:15 PM | #009
It's my second favorite Zelda game behind Ocarina of Time 3D. It took a couple years for it to get that high, but I love it now.

Basically this! I loved the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!