The best games on nintendo platforms weren't by nintendo

#1Murderstorm117Posted 5/10/2013 10:02:16 AM
Of course im talking about chrono trigger that graced the snes and the only game that comes close to it radiant historia on the ds. So we do need third party support as nintendo never steps up their game. They are content just releasing the same mario game every year
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#2AceMosPosted 5/10/2013 10:04:20 AM
crross >>>> trigger for me

now on topic

no one said nintendo has not had good 3rd party games on there consoles

just that there first party games are better and those good 3rd party games are a bonus
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3KaiRyusakiPosted 5/10/2013 10:05:39 AM
Despite the troll topic
Nintendo definitely got few 3rd party support after the SNES-era. however, in those few there is always something just amazing. like Mischief Makers or Viewtiful Joe (originally exclusive cause sony said it made the ps2 look weak)

I dont think we'll ever get anything of Chrohno Trigger magnitude again cause <s>jRPGs sucks</s>
#4FayeLadyPosted 5/10/2013 10:06:29 AM
I'm very interested in the third party N64 games Ive missed out on that are better than Mario 64 and Zelda OoT.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5Murderstorm117(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 10:07:18 AM
FayeLady posted...
I'm very interested in the third party N64 games Ive missed out on that are better than Mario 64 and Zelda OoT.

Well the nintendo 64 just sucked I forget it even existed half the time
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/10/2013 10:10:09 AM
Nintendo's first party games are high quality and usually reliable for a fun time, but rarely is a 1st party game my favorite on a Nintendo console.

NES: Dragon Warrior 3
SNES: Breath of Fire 2
(didn't own an N64)
GameCube: SSBMelee
Wii: Rune Factory Frontier
(too early to have a Wii U favorite)
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7jbilly12Posted 5/10/2013 10:10:09 AM
chrono trigger isn't that great. its too easy, and the bosses aren't very interesting. and obviously the standard enemies aren't very interesting either. the music is good, the story is cool, but the gameplay leaves much to be desired. i havent played chrono cross. id say that in general nintendo makes the best games right now. but the indie stuff is getting pretty good.
#8CyricsServantPosted 5/10/2013 10:13:51 AM(edited)
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Nintendo's first party games are high quality and usually reliable for a fun time, but rarely is a 1st party game my favorite on a Nintendo console.

This.

For the Wii (the Galaxy games, Punch Out, and Skyward Sword aside), my favorite games were Little King's Story, Zack & Wiki, and the No More Heroes games. A pity no one bought them.

RFF was great too, btw.
#9Rival_Blue_1999Posted 5/10/2013 10:15:39 AM
FF6?
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#10CyricsServantPosted 5/10/2013 10:19:25 AM
AceMos posted...
crross >>>> trigger for me

While this may be blasphemy, I agree with this too.

I must have beaten Cross like . . . seven times. The last time (where I just warped to Lavos at the start of the game) was beyond epic.