I'm playing GOW Ascension right now and it's......

#41sonic777Posted 5/10/2013 7:59:16 PM
LOL SONYFAQS

Seriously, for all you NDF members (ya'll know who you are) who are always crying that off-topic posting is pro-Sony, here's something off topic and it got left alone.

XD
#42msunshinePosted 5/11/2013 12:13:38 AM
sonic777 posted...
LOL SONYFAQS

Seriously, for all you NDF members (ya'll know who you are) who are always crying that off-topic posting is pro-Sony, here's something off topic and it got left alone.

XD

Mad because sony destroyed another of their franchises?
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#43sonic777Posted 5/11/2013 12:20:49 AM
msunshine posted...
sonic777 posted...
LOL SONYFAQS

XD

Nintendo did that with every single one of their tired franchises 2 generations ago, so I know you're pretty much immune to that feeling.
#44Citan37Posted 5/11/2013 12:22:58 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
knightimex posted...
I'm using a game genie with GOW-A at the moment.

Dat red obs cheat!

lol game genie. boy that takes me back i still have my game genie for my NES lol

I still have mine too
---
I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing you all! - Mike Tyson
#45strongo9Posted 5/11/2013 12:25:09 AM
Well, the general opinion is that Ascension is the worst in the series.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#46biggy204Posted 5/11/2013 12:31:28 AM(edited)
Umm i dont know why people think Pikmen will sell consoles when its only a niche title for people who actually care about Pikmen. Dont get me wrong I support Nintendo Products (just not the Wii U since there is not much games i am interested in yet), i just never did find Pikmen a really good game and I do not see what the appeal is.

Also the new God of War looks poorly made, i'd rather play the PSp and the previous GoW games on the PS2/3.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#47msunshinePosted 5/11/2013 1:20:53 AM
sonic777 posted...
msunshine posted...
sonic777 posted...
LOL SONYFAQS

XD

Nintendo did that with every single one of their tired franchises 2 generations ago, so I know you're pretty much immune to that feeling.

Ah that must be why every gen, nintendo has the highest rated 1st party game.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#48AhnoldDoodPosted 5/11/2013 1:26:15 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Lots of people calling GoW:A an "unnecessary game" due to the story being stale or the fact that there are already enough games in the series. I don't agree, but I'm totally cool with your opinion so long as you extend that logic to include games like NSMBU and Wind Waker HD. I'd hate to think that you only consider games to be "unnecessary" when they simply don't appeal to your own personal tastes.

GoW:A is unnecessary because its doing nothing for the series in any way possible, besides adding in a feature that the series was FINE WITHOUT.

Okay. Again, I just hope you extend that logic to a large number of Nintendo's own sequels over the years, because you could say the same about at least a dozen of their games.

Except, no, since most Nintendo games don't have a wide over-arching narrative, and the ones that do, have games with a point or purpose. GOW:A has done nothing for the series in terms of plot, gameplay, or even media.
#49Spillard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 10:50:14 AM
Alright guys, just finished the game and ill give it a 7.5. As far as this topic being off-topic, I was just expressing my thoughts while playing GOW:A. This game really make me want to play Pikmin 3.
---
If I go to work, who's going to play all my games?
#50SlimeSwayzePosted 5/13/2013 10:56:59 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Lots of people calling GoW:A an "unnecessary game" due to the story being stale or the fact that there are already enough games in the series. I don't agree, but I'm totally cool with your opinion so long as you extend that logic to include games like NSMBU and Wind Waker HD. I'd hate to think that you only consider games to be "unnecessary" when they simply don't appeal to your own personal tastes.

GoW:A is unnecessary because its doing nothing for the series in any way possible, besides adding in a feature that the series was FINE WITHOUT.

Okay. Again, I just hope you extend that logic to a large number of Nintendo's own sequels over the years, because you could say the same about at least a dozen of their games.

Except, no, since most Nintendo games don't have a wide over-arching narrative, and the ones that do, have games with a point or purpose. GOW:A has done nothing for the series in terms of plot, gameplay, or even media.

Again, Nintendo regularly releases new games in old series that do nothing to significantly alter or advance the series in terms of gameplay or story. You're just singling out GoW:A because, well, I don't really know why. Because of your personal feelings about the series?

Anyway, since when does a game need a a point, other than to be fun? You might not like it, but I hope you understand that that doesn't matter. Lots of people do, and that's why it exists. I'd say that the sales and reviews are good enough to justify its release. And you may not think it did anything to the overall plot of the series, but it sure means more to the overall plot of GoW than any single Nintendo developed game has ever meant to the overall plot in its respective series.

Seriously, if you have an arbitrary set of rules which you use to determine whether a game is necessary or not, at least apply them to Nintendo as well.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.