Why does almost everyone have a stick up their *** in regards to Nintendo?

#1Soccer_is_BestPosted 5/10/2013 11:46:07 AM
And Wii U?

Seriously, give me one good reason why. Sure, some things Nintendo does are stupid and make no sense (region locking, system only accounts, a few other things), but for the most part, they are a solid company thats knows how to make fun, innovative games. They have proven time and time again that power doesn't always equal success.

So why, since the dawn of time, has pretty much everyone neglected Nintendo? Is it jealousy due to a "kiddy company" doing so well compared to the "gritty, hardcore" companies?

Has everyone else, but Nintendo turned gaming into a "bro" thing only, which means only "mature, super realistic looking games"?

3rd parties also have no room to complain. The Wii U is what they have wanted, but now it's not good enough to put games on? Maybe if they actually tried and put effort into their games for Wii U and and stop putting down Nintendo and it's fans, maybe they would actually see sales of their games.

I just really don't get it...
---
Nintendo's E3 2012 presentation was just weird and awkward. 95% of the games at launch look promising though.
#2cloudtheprophetPosted 5/10/2013 11:47:54 AM
Soccer_is_Best posted...
And Wii U?

Seriously, give me one good reason why. Sure, some things Nintendo does are stupid and make no sense (region locking, system only accounts, a few other things), but for the most part, they are a solid company thats knows how to make fun, innovative games. They have proven time and time again that power doesn't always equal success.

So why, since the dawn of time, has pretty much everyone neglected Nintendo? Is it jealousy due to a "kiddy company" doing so well compared to the "gritty, hardcore" companies?

Has everyone else, but Nintendo turned gaming into a "bro" thing only, which means only "mature, super realistic looking games"?

3rd parties also have no room to complain. The Wii U is what they have wanted, but now it's not good enough to put games on? Maybe if they actually tried and put effort into their games for Wii U and and stop putting down Nintendo and it's fans, maybe they would actually see sales of their games.

I just really don't get it...

Ubisoft will be the one to benefit from this thinking
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#3Golden MavenPosted 5/10/2013 11:49:25 AM
Nintendo designs hardware in a self-serving way is why, son.
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 5/10/2013 11:54:48 AM
Gamers fear that which is different. Nintendo is paying the price for having the balls to do something that goes against the grain.
---
Edifica adversario tuo aureum pons ad receptum trans
#5CSplitterPosted 5/10/2013 11:55:57 AM
Because everyone loves to have something to ***** about.
---
TakayaNoriko: Back in my day, we pressed buttons that didn't do anything because we thought it would give us special power-ups. And that's the way we liked it!
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/10/2013 11:57:33 AM
People have been predicting failure for Nintendo for a long time, and Nintendo thwarts their predictions every single time. Of course they'd be irritated.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7trenkenPosted 5/10/2013 11:58:29 AM(edited)
"Solid company" that released a system when they didnt have nearly enough games to provide their fans with.

Dunno, that strikes me as more of a company resting on their laurels, knowing their fans would buy a bag of dried up poop as long as it had the Nintendo logo on it, when they knew they were a long time away from having much of anything ready.

And of course those games would be Pikmin (not popular, lower tier Nintendo franchise), and W101, which they arent making themselves and is a new IP. And a GC remake. =|
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8TrueBlue91Posted 5/10/2013 12:02:53 PM
trenken posted...
"Solid company" that released a system when they didnt have nearly enough games to provide their fans with.

Dunno, that strikes me as more of a company resting on their laurels, knowing their fans would buy a bag of dried up poop as long as it had the Nintendo logo on it, when they knew they were a long time away from having much of anything ready.

And of course those games would be Pikmin (not popular, lower tier Nintendo franchise), and W101, which they arent making themselves and is a new IP. And a GC remake. =|

This.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9PigfartsPosted 5/10/2013 12:03:14 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Gamers fear that which is different. Nintendo is paying the price for having the balls to do something that goes against the grain.

I agree only nintendo has the balls to release a console using ancient technology and calling it next gen.

Now that is agaist the grain.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#10Baha05Posted 5/10/2013 12:07:26 PM
trenken posted...

Yeah but that could be said about EVERY console at launch. I mean hell look at how the 3DS turned around.

Besides I think companies know that fans patience will pay off for early buyers. If they didn't think that every launch would have like 40 games and none of them would be ports.

Not to mention E3 is still around the corner so they can show off their plans during that week.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U