Remember how promising the Wii U's future looked during E3 2011?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 5/10/2013 2:10:48 PM
I was excited beyond belief when I saw a slew of third party games being announced for Wii U, and at the time I thought they'd run better than they would on PS3/360 (Hell if anyone remembers, Darksiders II's trailer was shown at 60fps making it look like the game could run at 60fps on Wii U.....).

Then there were the Zelda Wii U and Japanese Garden tech demos that two years later have yet to be shown again and Im wondering if games can even hit that level on Wii U. Sure, they were impressive in 2011 but Killzone: Shadow Fall easily trumps it now. Still I hope Wii U games can look even close to the tech demos shown someday.

As dumb and wrong people think Nintendo were for how they handled the Wii U reveal, it made the Wii U look much better than what we have today. It turns out the Wii U isnt really that much powerful than PS3/360, and online features and third party support are still very lacking on a Nintendo console. I just wanted the Wii U to be so much more
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2NCPwnPosted 5/10/2013 2:12:33 PM
After learning from my mistakes of buying Wii at launch, I avoided them again.

History often repeats itself.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#3thundercat2600Posted 5/10/2013 2:14:22 PM
Ahh remember the days when even the pessimists thought Wii U would blow the PS3 and Xbox 360 away? When we still believed it would have a POWER7 inside?

See my sig for a blast from the past.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#4Prince ShondronaiPosted 5/10/2013 2:17:36 PM
Well it's a marathon, not a sprint.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#5Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/10/2013 2:18:34 PM
empty promises

nothing new from Nintendo
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#6thundercat2600Posted 5/10/2013 2:23:34 PM
Oh yeah I also remember when the fanboys would bite your head off if you suggested that Wii U wouldn't be much better than current gen (even after Miyamoto himself admitted as much).

And don't forget "NO WAY MS or Sony can afford to make a console more powerful than Wii U!!"

Ahh we were so naive back then.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#7NewbiusPosted 5/10/2013 2:34:16 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Oh yeah I also remember when the fanboys would bite your head off if you suggested that Wii U wouldn't be much better than current gen (even after Miyamoto himself admitted as much).

And don't forget "NO WAY MS or Sony can afford to make a console more powerful than Wii U!!"

Ahh we were so naive back then.

What makes you think that the next Xbox and PS4 will be affordable? With 8 gigs of DDR5 RAM, thats more then enough for me to be concerned about the price of the console.
#8SaruOmegaPosted 5/10/2013 2:46:11 PM
I remember the overall reveal being underwhelming and the confusion from the audience as to whether it was just an add-on or a new system.

Most, if not all, of the hype was from the Legend of Zelda demo.
---
Brother Sister too, do what you must do, don't trust people you meet.
They might promise you that the river ain't deep.