Do you think the Wii u will be the best rpg console?

#11fissionprimerPosted 5/10/2013 8:32:32 PM
Lol no, but still waiting for the next xeno game :)
---
obvious sticky (;
#12DemonDog666Posted 5/10/2013 8:35:18 PM
AkaneJones posted...
Based on current info it beats PS4 with X & SMT x FE
PS4 only has FFXV as randomly listed, and we can't count on that for anything.

So Diablo 3, Deep Down and Witcher 3 aren't rpgs according to you?

PS4 will probably have the most and way better rpgs, atlas and capcom back Sony more then the back Nintendo and 3rd party support in general for Nintendo is crap, also Sony has more in house devs that have made rpgs then Nintendo.
#13Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/10/2013 8:39:59 PM(edited)
AkaneJones posted...

lol FFXV will crush any of those game.

and PS4 will have The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, next Bethesda game, next Scroll game,
Nis, IF, Aksys game, Level 5, Capcom, Bamco, well... and ton of others RPG devs.

you speak like a true desperado.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#14DemonDog666Posted 5/10/2013 8:41:51 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
AkaneJones posted...

and PS4 will have The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, next Bethesda game, next Scroll game,
Nis, IF, Aksys game, Level 5, Capcom, Bamco, well... and ton of others RPG devs.

Please don't pretend like square will put out anything half decent, they won't, they've been getting worse and worse, they are a good publisher now but a horrible dev.
#15Virus66Posted 5/10/2013 8:42:14 PM
Playstation has ALWAYS been the RPG console. I don't see that changing any time soon. Sure Xseed (I think its Marvelous now?) and Atlus are showing some Nintendo love but unless NIS starts plopping Disgaea and Atelier on the Wii U, Namco gives the Wii U every upcoming Tales game, and SE actually gives Nintendo good classic RPGs...

then it won't hold a candle to the PS library
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#16Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/10/2013 8:49:31 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
AkaneJones posted...

Please don't pretend like square will put out anything half decent, they won't, they've been getting worse and worse, they are a good publisher now but a horrible dev.

despite your complain FF XIII is very beautiful.
I have high expectation of Lightning Return
---
Universal Gamer
#17DemonDog666Posted 5/10/2013 9:20:03 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
AkaneJones posted...

despite your complain FF XIII is very beautiful.
I have high expectation of Lightning Return

Yes it's a beautiful looking game with pretty much the worst everything else of any console rpg this gen. And lower your non-graphic expectations the game is probably gonna suck.
#18AkaneJonesPosted 5/10/2013 9:20:29 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
AkaneJones posted...

1) Typically speaking the "RPG" console dose not mean western RPGs when people say it. The Witcher 3 is comparable to Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mass Effect 3. You are acting like PS4 would be western wRPG companies first choice. Typically those fall to Microsoft due to Windows native PC development. As such I tend to ignore those on sight. What happened to Skyrim is crap on PS3, anyway?

2) There is no indication of Capcom, Bamco, & Level5 ignoring of WiiU in favor of PS4 only projects when RPGs are concerned. In fact as far as Namco is concerned they are playing stick with PS3 funds at the moment, and they only play Sony favoritism with regards to Tales of Releases. Aksys & IF are niche companies, no more different from Image Epoch, Sting!, and ChunSoft which did produce RPGs for the Wii. Arguing about NIS on Sony is like arguing about Neverland on Nintendo, but you forget Harvest Moon/Rune Factory's parent company.

3) No Japanese devs outside Capcom and Square(enix) push power is everything, so it is highly likely the games will not be designed so over powered that only PS4 could handle them. It is far more possible that those PS360 jRPG will just for go the Nextbox version this gen in favor of WiiU. Why? Because no one in Japan will by it, and that audience doesn't buy jRPGs any how, and yet it's proven Nintendo's does(look at DS & 3DS).
#19Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/10/2013 9:35:59 PM
AkaneJones posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
AkaneJones posted...

1) Typically speaking the "RPG" console dose not mean western RPGs when people say it. The Witcher 3 is comparable to Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mass Effect 3. You are acting like PS4 would be western wRPG companies first choice. Typically those fall to Microsoft due to Windows native PC development. As such I tend to ignore those on sight. What happened to Skyrim is crap on PS3, anyway?

2) There is no indication of Capcom, Bamco, & Level5 ignoring of WiiU in favor of PS4 only projects when RPGs are concerned. In fact as far as Namco is concerned they are playing stick with PS3 funds at the moment, and they only play Sony favoritism with regards to Tales of Releases. Aksys & IF are niche companies, no more different from Image Epoch, Sting!, and ChunSoft which did produce RPGs for the Wii. Arguing about NIS on Sony is like arguing about Neverland on Nintendo, but you forget Harvest Moon/Rune Factory's parent company.

3) No Japanese devs outside Capcom and Square(enix) push power is everything, so it is highly likely the games will not be designed so over powered that only PS4 could handle them. It is far more possible that those PS360 jRPG will just for go the Nextbox version this gen in favor of WiiU. Why? Because no one in Japan will by it, and that audience doesn't buy jRPGs any how, and yet it's proven Nintendo's does(look at DS & 3DS).

perhaps this should remind drones of their place.
I prefer fact despite wall of text, because all you said is false.
except I play WRPG on PC mostly.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/list-48
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/list-48
---
Universal Gamer
#20CyricsServantPosted 5/10/2013 9:36:34 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Btw, SNES is the RPG king. PS1 is second and Dreamcast is third.

You're forgetting the system that got Nocturne, Kingdom Hearts, Persona 4, Suikoden 5, Disgaea, and Tales of the Abyss.

For shame!