I'm confused. Is Nintendo having a press conference at E3 or not????

#1GreenKnight127Posted 5/10/2013 8:32:58 PM
What is the deal with this?

The internet almost caught on fire a week or so ago when we found out that Nintendo wasn't going to have a press conference at E3 this year.

And then a couple days later they were saying that they WILL be at E3...just not in the traditional way....?

Then they said they will have an event....

Then they won't.

Now they....are?

I don't get this.

What exactly are they changing? What are they doing differently?

Every year for the past decade, it's always been Sony having their time to showcase new games and new hardware.....and then Microsoft gets a turn to do the same thing....then Nintendo gets to do the same thing.....

Each event pretty much getting their own day.

Nice and organized.

So what's THIS year's E3 going to be like?

Is Nintendo having a showcase or not?
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#2DTY3Posted 5/10/2013 8:33:54 PM
Read ANY article. I mean actually read it. Not just the headline.

Then you'll find out.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#3fissionprimerPosted 5/10/2013 8:34:20 PM
DTY3 posted...
Read ANY article. I mean actually read it. Not just the headline.

Then you'll find out.

---
obvious sticky (;
#4PokejedservoPosted 5/10/2013 8:35:15 PM
They are going to be in e3 but they are not making a big deal out of it which is really nothing new. However those who still think that e3 is still a prominent event are annoyed by this despite on how e3 stopped being such a prominent event years ago.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 5/10/2013 8:36:48 PM
Nintendo will be there, but they won't hold a press conference.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#6TheCelticArcherPosted 5/10/2013 8:38:07 PM
They're having 2 smaller events before and (I think) during E3. To answer your question, no, they're not having a major press conference.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#7powerade911Posted 5/10/2013 8:38:37 PM
Oh no...it's this guy...
---
If i'm lying, then i am telling the truth... and i'm not so peace out! [-_-] V
3DS friend code: 2852-7176-3469 NNID: DarkBright
#8VRX3000Posted 5/10/2013 8:39:20 PM
They are doing 3 separate events around E3. 1 for announcing games and showcasing stuff. 1 for stockholders, 1 for retailers. There will be playable demos of new Mario Kart, 3D Mario, etc at E3.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#9Virus66Posted 5/10/2013 8:39:43 PM
They are having a series of Nintendo Directs leading up to E3 that will likely contain the bulk of their announcements, but they are still doing mini press event at E3 at the normal conference time. One will be an investor type meeting and the other will be a games showcase. It SHOULD work out well for everyone considering most gamers hate sales forcasts and all of that talk. They get what they want for their own event and gamers get their own showcase.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned with is that there will be no announcements at E3 and will be done via the Directs only. I personally don't care too much but a lot of people (haters) will only look at E3 stuff and ignore EVERYTHING that happened directly prior
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#10fuzi11Posted 5/10/2013 8:41:03 PM
They won't do a big 1 and a half hour or so conference as usual on one day. They will have many small conferences and Nintendo directs going on during that time