I'm confused. Is Nintendo having a press conference at E3 or not????

#31zeldamaster702Posted 5/10/2013 10:13:20 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
Thanks. I pretty much got the gist of it now. Just seems weird. I figured Nintendo would be putting on quite the show with the WiiU in order to compete with the PS4 and Nextbox (infinity?) Having just as big a showcase as Sony and Microsoft.

It's gunna be an interesting E3.

I wouldn't be surprised if a giant badger runs out on stage and bites a dude's head off.

They know they can't compete and don't want to embarrass themselves again.

Seriously dude.

1. You're not even trying

2. You're coming off as a douche

3. You're coming off as a gigantic fanboy.

If Sony, the apparent video game messiah of fanboys, can pull off the last two PlayStation conferences(referring to E312 and the PS4 conference) they did then Nintendo could pull off a conference EVEN IF they only showed things they announced things in their last Nintendo Direct. The thing is that to hold a huge stage show at E3 costs HUGE amounts of money and Nintendo already does what can basically referred to as MinE3s every MONTH with Nintendo Direct AT NO EXTRA COST TO THEM. So it makes no sense for them to pay extra cash to do something they already do year round for ONE HOURS WORTH of time. They're STILL doing a conference for the press and they're STILL having their floor demos, they're just being more cost efficient and doing things on their terms.

tl;dr

It's not like they aren't showing up at E3 at ALL you fanboy douchebag. They're still doing the floor demos so OBVIOUSLY they have SOMETHING to show.
#32biggy204Posted 5/10/2013 10:29:31 PM
zeldamaster702 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
Thanks. I pretty much got the gist of it now. Just seems weird. I figured Nintendo would be putting on quite the show with the WiiU in order to compete with the PS4 and Nextbox (infinity?) Having just as big a showcase as Sony and Microsoft.

I wouldn't be surprised if a giant badger runs out on stage and bites a dude's head off.

Seriously dude.

If Sony, the apparent video game messiah of fanboys, can pull off the last two PlayStation conferences(referring to E312 and the PS4 conference) they did then Nintendo could pull off a conference EVEN IF they only showed things they announced things in their last Nintendo Direct. The thing is that to hold a huge stage show at E3 costs HUGE amounts of money and Nintendo already does what can basically referred to as MinE3s every MONTH with Nintendo Direct AT NO EXTRA COST TO THEM. So it makes no sense for them to pay extra cash to do something they already do year round for ONE HOURS WORTH of time. They're STILL doing a conference for the press and they're STILL having their floor demos, they're just being more cost efficient and doing things on their terms.

tl;dr

It's not like they aren't showing up at E3 at ALL you fanboy douchebag. They're still doing the floor demos so OBVIOUSLY they have SOMETHING to show.

Dude its DemonDogg lol and you seem to let him get to you. Just talk about his Vita and he'll act all high and mighty about it even though its failing to the 3DS.

Anyways, back on topic Nintendo not having a huge confrence will just be overshadowed by the competition especially since we already know what games are going to be comming out Via those Nintendo Directs. Unless Nintendo pulls a rabbit out their hat and tells shows us something we dont actually know.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#33zeldamaster702Posted 5/10/2013 10:43:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34AstralFrostPosted 5/11/2013 1:24:00 AM
Nintendo will be there but at a little kiosk. You know, like the indie devs have.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#35Waggy17Posted 5/11/2013 5:14:30 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
... hands on and stuff and a booth at E3 for the parts of it when they aren't having the conference...

You make it sound like the booth - the thing that is actually a part of e3 - is a supplement to the conference - the thing that's not actually a part of e3.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#36thundercat2600Posted 5/11/2013 5:18:30 AM
They'll be there, but they won't have a keynote. Those are traditionally where all the big, bombshell announcements are made (since they have a captive audience all to themselves, vs the general show floor where they're competing for attention).

Remember the Wii music bombshell, when M Night Shyamalan came out and played? Or when Reggie told us he was about "kicking ass, taking names, and making games"? Those were some of Nontendo's finer E3 keynote moments. I'm kinda sad there won't be one this year.
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 25,600
Nintendo stock today: 10,900
#37Waggy17Posted 5/11/2013 6:16:16 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
They'll be there, but they won't have a keynote. Those are traditionally where all the big, bombshell announcements are made (since they have a captive audience all to themselves, vs the general show floor where they're competing for attention).

Remember the Wii music bombshell, when M Night Shyamalan came out and played? Or when Reggie told us he was about "kicking ass, taking names, and making games"? Those were some of Nontendo's finer E3 keynote moments. I'm kinda sad there won't be one this year.

Yeah, but there's also Miyamoto not being able to play Zelda properly on stage, the NintendoLand fireworks sequence, Sony's giant enemy crab...

Sure, we miss the big spectacle, but we also forego the missteps. The point is, the part that we actually refer to as e3 will have typical participation from Nintendo. I'm sorry that some of you will miss out on the spectacle, but it doesn't change what we as gamers will be getting from Nintendo. Nintendo's presence may seem at the moment to be diminished from e3 (and yes, it is disappointing), but they'll still be there, their actual e3 presence will be the same, and we're still going to be getting Nintendo games throughout the rest of the year.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#38DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 6:33:43 AM
zeldamaster702 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...

Seriously dude.

tl;dr

Something making no sense has never stopped Nintendo from doing anything before, just look at the wiiU not having an account system makes no sense, not supporting the pro controller properly makes no sense, not having dvd/blu ray playback makes no sense, the tablet controller makes no sense ect. trust me if they had something worthwhile to announce they would have a conference the only thing they are going to be showing is screenshots/videos and maybe a few demos of games we already know are in development (and probably that were supposed to come out already)