Road Redemption hit its Kickstarter....Coming to Wii-U

#1LeetyroneusPosted 5/10/2013 8:03:41 PM
Road Redemption, the spiritual successor to Road Rash, has been funded through Kickstarter. The initial goal was to hit $160,000. However, the game ended up with $163,315. The game will be hitting the Wii U, PC, Mac and Linux this year.

(Vid) http://youtu.be/w-P7hR0rbD4

(Kickstarter) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkseasgames/road-redemption/posts

Lol...Waiting on Haters and Mods to wait...Mods lol
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#2TheCelticArcherPosted 5/10/2013 8:04:07 PM
Awesome, the game looks pretty fun.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#3DealerofTruthsPosted 5/10/2013 8:12:10 PM
I think it has potential but I am skeptical abut the online play.
---
You just got told the TRUTH!!!
#4DemonDog666Posted 5/10/2013 8:36:08 PM(edited)
Seems weird that these start up games are choosing wiiU as a platform it's the worst one for digital content and the hardest to develop for. Also anyway to search by system on the kickstarter site?
#5TheCelticArcherPosted 5/10/2013 8:39:32 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Seems weird that these start up games are choosing wiiU as a platform it's the worst one for digital content and the hardest to develop for. Also anyway to search by system on the kickstarter site?

Wii U dev kits are easy to get.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#6DemonDog666Posted 5/10/2013 8:45:01 PM
TheCelticArcher posted...
Wii U dev kits are easy to get.

That makes sense I guess. Seems like the portables would be better options though, especially if the game is capable of running as a ps mobile game since Sony dropped the fee for making psm games.
#7nonexistingheroPosted 5/11/2013 1:55:56 AM
Nice to see they made their goal. I loved the Road Rash games... all 4 I played (the 3 Genesis games and a game on the Playstation).

Doesn't look like Shadow of the eternals will make its goal though. They got roughly 100k after 1 day, but now 5 days in they're only at 136k. 1.5 million seems very improbable.

I would still like to see the game made, but I'm hoping Nintendo picks it up.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8EoinPosted 5/11/2013 1:59:30 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
That makes sense I guess. Seems like the portables would be better options though, especially if the game is capable of running as a ps mobile game since Sony dropped the fee for making psm games.

What's shown in the video has no chance of running on the PlayStation Mobile platform. Vita could do it, but PSM needs to run on various Android phones, some of which have hardware which is quite outdated by the standards of today's mobile hardware.
#9DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 6:37:20 AM
Eoin posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

What's shown in the video has no chance of running on the PlayStation Mobile platform. Vita could do it, but PSM needs to run on various Android phones, some of which have hardware which is quite outdated by the standards of today's mobile hardware.

That was more a general statement for kickstarter games rather then this one specifically, many of them do get deved for android and ios.