How annoying is Wii BC?

#1GamerManiac187Posted 5/10/2013 11:52:51 PM
GC BC back on Wii was annoying because the System Menu could not be controlled by the GC controller, so you would have to use the Wii remote to go to the disc channel to boot the GC game.

Is this just as annoying on Wii U? I heard something about the new update streamlining this process just a bit, but it still means the Wii U controller has to be on right?...
---
http://backloggery.com/kurano
#2BaconPancakesPosted 5/11/2013 12:07:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3DiscostewSMPosted 5/11/2013 12:10:33 AM
If you checked up on it, you'll find that you can boot up the Wii mode instead of Wii U mode by holding the B button. Not just with the Gamepad, but with the Wiimotes as well, so you wouldn't even have to worry about the Gamepad in that scenario.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4SocranPosted 5/11/2013 12:11:59 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
If you checked up on it, you'll find that you can boot up the Wii mode instead of Wii U mode by holding the B button. Not just with the Gamepad, but with the Wiimotes as well, so you wouldn't even have to worry about the Gamepad in that scenario.

And either way, unless I'm mistaken, you can control the Wii U menu with the Wii Remote.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5GamerManiac187(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 1:12:07 AM(edited)
BaconPancakes posted...
Dude, you could live in a third-world country. Get over yourself.

Because you spend every waking moment being grateful for what you have, and have never complained about anything in your entire life because "well, it could be worse, I could live in a third world country". Get over YOURself.

Socran posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

And either way, unless I'm mistaken, you can control the Wii U menu with the Wii Remote.

Sweet, as long as booting Wii games doesn't take longer than how the original Wii does, it's all good.
---
http://backloggery.com/kurano
#6BaconPancakesPosted 5/11/2013 1:20:26 AM
GamerManiac187 posted...
BaconPancakes posted...

Because you spend every waking moment being grateful for what you have, and have never complained about anything in your entire life because "well, it could be worse, I could live in a third world country". Get over YOURself.

Socran posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

Sweet, as long as booting Wii games doesn't take longer than how the original Wii does, it's all good.

This is why the United States, Britain, and Australia/New Zealand have the largest suicide rates. People are such babies.
#7Nin3DSFanPosted 5/11/2013 7:27:19 AM
GamerManiac187 posted...
BaconPancakes posted...

Socran posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

No offence but did you just do what someone else did? Complain/ask about the Wii Remote, without even bothering to try.

Are you going to ask something like "Does Mario jump if I press "B" in Super Mario World?"
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#8NamcoMuseum2Posted 5/11/2013 7:55:34 AM
Nothing beats the following:
PS2 BC with PS1
GBA BC with GBC and GB
3DS BC with DS
---
RobJ23 (the ultimate Nintendo apologist) = defeated
Here's why: http://s16.postimg.org/szvsebqw5/Rob_J23_exposed.jpg