Just bought a wii U, what is good?

#1Craig--aPosted 5/11/2013 6:46:42 AM
So i just bought a wii u (brand new 125 in blockbuster!! I couldn't not) To be honest I dont really know too much about the games and the only game I picked up with it was New Super Mario U, which is alright but nothing I would to recommend unless they were really into old school Mario.

I know that there isn't a huge library of games and they are quite difficult to find here but what is worth a play? does anything make good use of the touch pad?
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/11/2013 6:49:31 AM
ZombiU and Nintendo Land for games that use the gamepad creatively, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover and Need for Speed Most Wanted U for games with tons of content, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for Mario Kart before Mario Kart comes out.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3shaunmePosted 5/11/2013 6:51:36 AM
Pc,ps3/4, 360 etc.
---
MY Wii u IS a next gen console!!
It just has LAST gen hardware. NNID:shaunme
#4msunshinePosted 5/11/2013 6:59:39 AM
shaunme posted...
Pc,ps3/4, 360 etc.

Are you a monkeyspoon alt dude?
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#5Craig--a(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 7:15:34 AM
I heard ZombiU was really bad?

I have need for speed on xbox and didnt enjoy it. Is lego city basically GTA lego? looks fun.

How different in wii u monster hunter to the wii version?

I'm starting to see why they were selling these off for half price, not a huge choice... Hopefully E3 will sort that out and show us some classic Nintendo games :)
#619darkdenizen92Posted 5/11/2013 7:19:24 AM
Unfortunately (or fortunately) Nintendo has stated that they will not be making an appearance at this E3. They are moving towards using their Nintendo Directs as forms of getting information out.

That is not to say that we will not hear about any new Wii U games at E3. There are still third parties to look forward to. Ubisoft's press conference is usually fairly multi-platform for example. There is also the show floor too..
---
i5 2500K | Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 550W PSU | RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black | Intel H67CL MOBO
#7Craig--a(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 7:27:20 AM
No e3?! are they doing space world this year?

I might just get monster hunter then, cant go wrong with that, especially if i can play on the controller.
#8IloveElitePosted 5/11/2013 7:28:19 AM
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Don't bother buying any other games, that'll soak up all your spare time.
---
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, Pikmin 3, GTA V