I really hope the next zelda game keeps skyward swords additions.

#1GigaVoltsPosted 5/11/2013 7:15:24 AM
I hope they keep the upgrading, but expand on it a ton, and keep the potion making as well as all the other cool additions, but again, expand it.

I hope they don't remove motion controls. I liked them. But they should give an option to have both
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 5/11/2013 7:18:33 AM
Just as long as it ain't linear.

Also, in keeping with the Zelda tradishun, there must be a new, irritating art style.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3Final Fantasy2389Posted 5/11/2013 7:20:53 AM

Also, in keeping with the Zelda tradishun, there must be a new, irritating art style.

Zelda has never had an irritating art style.
---
New sig pending...
#4ReyMilansteryoPosted 5/11/2013 7:21:43 AM
I hope they fix the motion controls
Better overworld
And a waaaaayy better story then SS

And please.......no more sh*tty loftbirds, give us Epona back
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, Borderlands 2
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 5/11/2013 7:23:58 AM
Final Fantasy2389 posted...

O rly?

Wind Waker had that cartoony cell shading that made it impossible to take seriously.

Twilight Princess was so dark and dull it was like a parody of a western game.

And Skyward Sword was so colorful it was basically a children's cartoon.
---
#6GigaVolts(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 7:26:57 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...

O rly?

Wind Waker had that cartoony cell shading that made it impossible to take seriously.

So for 1 and 3, your argument is "It did not look real so it is impossible for me to take those themes seriously! Waaaah!"

Tell that to pixar. Their films have amazing themes adults take seriously, and not just a few but many.

and lol @ your 2nd point.
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#7nickvd8Posted 5/11/2013 7:28:25 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...

O rly?

The cell shaded style adds something called charm. You can't have charm in a game with realistic graphics. And the art style for Skyward Sword was more akin to a painting.

You also just proved why Nintendo should stick with whatever art style they please, because you're never satisfied. They went with a more dark realistic style with TP and you still weren't happy. Some people just aren't happy unless they are whining and complaining.
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#8ReploidAXZPosted 5/11/2013 7:35:22 AM
GigaVolts posted...
I hope they keep the upgrading, but expand on it a ton, and keep the potion making as well as all the other cool additions, but again, expand it.

I hope they don't remove motion controls. I liked them. But they should give an option to have both

Only if they do it within reason, if you want to see what happens to a good formula taken too far look at GTA: San Adreas, a good game but too much for you to 100% it (provided you don't cheat by using FAQs.... Yes that is cheating).
---
R.I.P RARE.
#9lifelackPosted 5/11/2013 7:36:14 AM
I was really happy with SS and WW style. I disliked TP because it was really dull.
Art style is everything with Nintendo games.
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 5/11/2013 8:15:38 AM
GigaVolts posted...
So for 1 and 3, your argument is "It did not look real so it is impossible for me to take those themes seriously! Waaaah!"

Tell that to pixar. Their films have amazing themes adults take seriously, and not just a few but many.

and lol @ your 2nd point.

Look, I agree with you in principle. The Paper Mario series tackles mature themes with a cartoony art style. But Zelda? Name one mature theme it has.

And Pixar obviously has no more passion for what they do. They either turn out uninspired sequels (Monsters University, Finding Dory, Cars 2) or really uncreative stories (Brave).
---