Do people really think Nintendo still has the best 1st party devs?

#1DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 10:48:47 AM
I mean two gens ago for sure, even a gen ago I'd say probably but in the ps3/wii gen no way and certainly not now. Sony has more studios making more games and making far more unique games and definitely better games from a technical perspective. I get Nintendo has the strong brands mario/zelda but those are pretty much the only games worth a damn out of all their 1st party offerings, they don't make new IPs, their games are getting stale as hell and with the exception of the main mario franchise they get a little worse with each sequel.

I really don't get how people can honestly say Nintendo has the by 1st party by a large margin when they can't even get 3 1st party games on a system in it's first 6 months, their devs are so behind the times and their games are so stagnated that the quality is declining, I mean really people need to open their eyes and realize just how much Nintendo has slipped since the n64 days.
#2GoldenJoe24Posted 5/11/2013 10:49:59 AM
Cool story. GG
#3idrawrobotstooPosted 5/11/2013 10:50:51 AM
Yes.
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 5/11/2013 10:51:16 AM
Creates the two highest rated games of all time just in the last generation. Must be bad devs.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 5/11/2013 10:51:19 AM
There is absolutely no trace of fanboyism in Dog's post. Nope, none at all.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#6nuskooIPosted 5/11/2013 10:54:24 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Sony has more studios making more games and making far more unique games and definitely better games from a technical perspective.

Does Sony have any good games, or just crappy interactive movies?

Does Sony have anything half as great as Zelda, Mario or Metroid?

Oh and I would take Yoshi's Island 3DS over anything on Sorny or Shooterbox.
#7jsb0714Posted 5/11/2013 10:55:33 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
I mean two gens ago for sure, even a gen ago I'd say probably but in the ps3/wii gen no way and certainly not now. Sony has more studios making more games and making far more unique games and definitely better games from a technical perspective. I get Nintendo has the strong brands mario/zelda but those are pretty much the only games worth a damn out of all their 1st party offerings, they don't make new IPs, their games are getting stale as hell and with the exception of the main mario franchise they get a little worse with each sequel.

I really don't get how people can honestly say Nintendo has the by 1st party by a large margin when they can't even get 3 1st party games on a system in it's first 6 months, their devs are so behind the times and their games are so stagnated that the quality is declining, I mean really people need to open their eyes and realize just how much Nintendo has slipped since the n64 days.

Granted, the number of games is lacking, but how does too few of Nintendo's games relate to their quality? I'd be more concerned if they had too many games coming in a short span as I would be more apt to question the quality then.

And don't tell us we need to open our eyes. We can see what is happening just fine without your **** remarks.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#8Who_Dat504Posted 5/11/2013 10:59:27 AM
nuskooI posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Sony has more studios making more games and making far more unique games and definitely better games from a technical perspective.

Does Sony have any good games, or just crappy interactive movies?

Does Sony have anything half as great as Zelda, Mario or Metroid?

Oh and I would take Yoshi's Island 3DS over anything on Sorny or Shooterbox.

Lol fanboy post of the day
---
Saints, LSU, and Hornets fan!
#9userfrigginamePosted 5/11/2013 11:00:23 AM
Ppl like what they like. "Best" isn't a matter of fact. It's a matter of opinion.
#10Jacob46719Posted 5/11/2013 11:04:01 AM
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Yes.

---
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Lego City