Do people really think Nintendo still has the best 1st party devs?

#121dancing_cactuarPosted 5/11/2013 12:59:20 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

2. Too many to list. X-com Enemy Unknown is one and I only need one to prove my point.

I personally think that they're of equal quality, though at least we can agree on the fact that XCOM is ONE of the best games of the generation.

I kind of want to hear more examples, though, as Mario Galaxy is really high up there on the list, being the best 3d platformer of the generation and all.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#122FFXIgaiaknightPosted 5/11/2013 1:01:40 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
3DS has a ton of big name publishers ready to make games or have made games already on the 3ds just a few examples.

Activision
Capcom
Disney
EA
Konami
Level-5
Marvelous
Namco Bandai
Sega
Square-enix
Tecmo Koei
Ubisoft
Warner Bros

this list doesnt include developers just major publishers

All of those have games in develop or on vita pretty too and what makes you think they aren't going to jump ship like 3rd party devs usually do on Nintendo platforms?

Because unlike the Wii U the 3ds is actually doing well and some 3rd parties have already had success on the 3ds some even have games that have broken a million units. If the DS and psp are anything to go by the 3ds will have better 3rd party support than the vita.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#123VGAddict90Posted 5/11/2013 1:01:45 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
sony stomped nintendo with their games on the ps2

god of war
dark cloud
ico
shadow of the collossus
ratchet and clank
sly cooper
jak and daxter
rogue galaxy
wild arms
twisted metal black
gran turismo 3
siren
syphon filter

not even squatch22 can argue with that lineup. ico and collosus are among the best games of all time.

Ahem:

Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Killer 7
The better version of RE4
Super Smash Bros Melee
TimeSplitters 2
Rogue Squadron II
Wind Waker
Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Baten Kaitos
Fire Emblem
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Kart: Double Dash
#124SkyCrackersPosted 5/11/2013 1:02:49 PM
I think Nintendo easily has the best first-party games, but they've failed to demonstrate it on the Wii U so far. Add to that the many other problems with the console, and it's just not worth buying at this point. Do I have faith that Nintendo will eventually get it's act together and create a sizable number of awesome Wii U games? Yes. But there's no point in buying a Wii U based on faith alone, especially with the certainty of a price drop somewhere down the road.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#125dancing_cactuarPosted 5/11/2013 1:03:38 PM
VGAddict90 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

god of war
dark cloud
ico
shadow of the collossus
ratchet and clank
sly cooper
jak and daxter
rogue galaxy
wild arms
twisted metal black
gran turismo 3
siren
syphon filter

not even squatch22 can argue with that lineup. ico and collosus are among the best games of all time.

Ahem:

Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Killer 7
Super Smash Bros Melee
TimeSplitters 2
Rogue Squadron II
Wind Waker
Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Baten Kaitos
Fire Emblem

While I agree with you for the most part, I feel obligated to say that Timesplitters 2 is not gamecube exclusive.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#126XeylirPosted 5/11/2013 1:04:54 PM
In other news, Dog's "the name makes the franchise" wisdom has shown us exactly what the PS4 will do to have a successful launch. Clearly, all Sony needs to do is take two of their current launch titles and rename them "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" and "Kingdom Hearts III".

Bam. Sony charges out of the gate and wins the gen, hands down.
---
(Insert witty comment, pun, or Kingdom Hearts reference here)
#127StickMen1090Posted 5/11/2013 1:06:12 PM
Yes Nintendo still has the better first party devs
#128dancing_cactuarPosted 5/11/2013 1:07:22 PM
Xeylir posted...
In other news, Dog's "the name makes the franchise" wisdom has shown us exactly what the PS4 will do to have a successful launch. Clearly, all Sony needs to do is take two of their current launch titles and rename them "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" and "Kingdom Hearts III".

Bam. Sony charges out of the gate and wins the gen, hands down.

To be fair, if those ARE exclusives at some point, the system would probably sell like hotcakes.
---
#129FFXIgaiaknightPosted 5/11/2013 1:09:38 PM(edited)
VGAddict90 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

god of war
dark cloud
ico
shadow of the collossus
ratchet and clank
sly cooper
jak and daxter
rogue galaxy
wild arms
twisted metal black
gran turismo 3
siren
syphon filter

Ahem:

Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Killer 7
Super Smash Bros Melee
TimeSplitters 2
Rogue Squadron II
Wind Waker
Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Baten Kaitos
Fire Emblem

While i agree that alot of the gamecube games are better than most of those ps2 games he listed the ps2 is still unmatched in just the sheer amount of quality games released during that gen though.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#130XeylirPosted 5/11/2013 1:09:11 PM
To be fair, if those ARE exclusives at some point, the system would probably sell like hotcakes.

Oh, undoubtedly--but with Versus stuck in limbo and KHIII frozen until the former gets out of limbo, I think the launch title thing is a much better idea.
---
(Insert witty comment, pun, or Kingdom Hearts reference here)