Devs sending back Wii U devs kits

#1FPS_hitmanPosted 5/11/2013 10:12:10 AM
Full article in link will post highlights

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/returned-wii-u-dev-kits/

10 devs have returned their kits to nintendo.

According to Avalanche, there was no contact from Nintendo and themselves, so there was no incentive to develop. Apparently this is common among third party developers and could be the reason that Wii U owners are not seeing DLC for popular titles. It was announced that Injustice: Gods Among Us will receive DLC support this summer after several weeks of radio silence, but according to developer NetherRealm Studios, thatís because Nintendo wasnít talking to them about how to distribute the DLC.

We wonít know until more step forward, but itís interesting to see the behind the scenes with Nintendo and third-party developers. If these rumors are true, Nintendo is going to have to step up the ball and treat third-party developers better than this
#2Warmonger222Posted 5/11/2013 10:14:31 AM
If this is true...I guess its not the devs fault after all.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#3idrawrobotstooPosted 5/11/2013 10:14:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4AiddonPosted 5/11/2013 10:17:25 AM
though Avalanche was also called out on being unable to contact Nintendo by Wayforward who have no problems. Conclusion: Avalanche are a bunch of lazy liars.
#5FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:18:24 AM
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Go get some friends, moron.

do you mean Wii U daily who posted this article?
#6nonexistingheroPosted 5/11/2013 10:18:53 AM
Warmonger222 posted...
If this is true...I guess its not the devs fault after all.

I'm pretty sure that if they come up with some nice ideas and sketches to present to Nintendo that Nintendo is more than willing to help. It seems like most developers that aren't developing for the Wii U expect Nintendo to beg them to develop games for it along with some bags of money.

Meanwhile, the 3rd parties that have created games for the Wii U have all received support from Nintendo and they even said it in several interviews.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7PannerPosted 5/11/2013 10:18:56 AM
It also says in the article that some of the dev kits were UNTOUCHED.
How will the developers know how to develop for the WiiU if they dont even try.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#8EndgamePosted 5/11/2013 10:19:26 AM
hahahahahahahahaha..... oh wow
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 5/11/2013 10:20:43 AM
I agree with he first commentor on that site.

It sounds like the developers were just being lazy.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#10DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 10:21:48 AM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
I'm pretty sure that if they come up with some nice ideas and sketches to present to Nintendo that Nintendo is more than willing to help. It seems like most developers that aren't developing for the Wii U expect Nintendo to beg them to develop games for it along with some bags of money.

Meanwhile, the 3rd parties that have created games for the Wii U have all received support from Nintendo and they even said it in several interviews.

That's not true at all, most of the third parties that have developed for wiiU have stopped. The only one that I can remember going on record saying they received support is bayonnetta devs and Nintendo practically owns them at this point.

Panner posted...
It also says in the article that some of the dev kits were UNTOUCHED.
How will the developers know how to develop for the WiiU if they dont even try.

Why should they try? Give me one good reason why a third party develop should put a game on wiiU.