Devs sending back Wii U devs kits

#41biggy204Posted 5/11/2013 11:55:35 AM
Panner posted...

The reason Nintendo even developed the Gamepad pro was so the devs didnt have to use the gamepad if they didnt want to.
The reason is was modeled after the the 360 pad was to give the devs and new owners of the WiiU a control style they are comfortable with.

Its true in a sence but people would still have to buy that Gamepad seperately. Also if new owners of the Wii U wanted a control style they're comfortable with they would not switch from the 360 to the Wii U given that the same multiplat games at the moment are also on that system.

Baha05 posted...

Yeah but it could be argued that controls are moot as it's universal to other controllers.

I guess so.

Oh well I guess its a case if "he said she said" pointing the fingers at each other as the core problem.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#42DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 12:00:38 PM(edited)
idrawrobotstoo posted...
I own a PS3/360/WiiU and I would rather get any game that is on all 3 for the WiiU.

But if the dev didn't make it for wiiU and you wanted the game you'd get it for one of the other ones, which is my point. They'd get the same amount of money with less work.

Pendragoon posted...
The same can be said about every single new system launch, why take any risk on new hardware when the older consoles have tens of millions more people who might buy their game?

Yes but having a ps3/360 already is irrelevant with actual next gen systems since they won't be sharing the same games. Obviously install base won't be a reason to develop for ps4/next xbox but there are other reasons and other reasons not to develop for wiiU.
#43idrawrobotstooPosted 5/11/2013 12:02:00 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Hitman, you don't just understand Nintendo. It's okay. Get over it. Leave this forum and go talk about you favorite gun in shooter X on the PC forums.

You need to leave bro. You already called me a moron and now this. You ability to argue or comment is sad and your adding nothing to the arguement.

I love nintendo with mario Kart being my favorite games with battlefield second. I just want nintendo to be held accountable for some of this and actually try instead of just banking on fanatics accepting anything they do.

Which Mario Kart? Which Battlefield? Nintendo still makes great games that many people love. I get that you used to like Nintendo. People change over time and change what they like, maybe you'll never like a Nintendo game ever again. That is not a big deal.

But I'm going to play new Mario Kart and have a blast. Not sure if I want to support EA even though I sort of want to play Battlefield 4.
#44FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 12:06:47 PM
idrawrobotstoo posted...
FPS_hitman posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Hitman, you don't just understand Nintendo. It's okay. Get over it. Leave this forum and go talk about you favorite gun in shooter X on the PC forums.

You need to leave bro. You already called me a moron and now this. You ability to argue or comment is sad and your adding nothing to the arguement.

I love nintendo with mario Kart being my favorite games with battlefield second. I just want nintendo to be held accountable for some of this and actually try instead of just banking on fanatics accepting anything they do.

Which Mario Kart? Which Battlefield? Nintendo still makes great games that many people love. I get that you used to like Nintendo. People change over time and change what they like, maybe you'll never like a Nintendo game ever again. That is not a big deal.

But I'm going to play new Mario Kart and have a blast. Not sure if I want to support EA even though I sort of want to play Battlefield 4.

Your not getting me at all. I like nintendo just dont want them to continue to bank on their name and put effort into making them great again. Stuff like this makes me think that they think there super specail and screw everyone.

As far as MK my list would be N64, GC, SNES, then Wii versions. Battlefield would be BC1, BC2, then BF3 didnt like the others.
#45PendragoonPosted 5/11/2013 12:09:28 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...
I own a PS3/360/WiiU and I would rather get any game that is on all 3 for the WiiU.

But if the dev didn't make it for wiiU and you wanted the game you'd get it for one of the other ones, which is my point. They'd get the same amount of money with less work.

Pendragoon posted...
The same can be said about every single new system launch, why take any risk on new hardware when the older consoles have tens of millions more people who might buy their game?

Yes but having a ps3/360 already is irrelevant with actual next gen systems since they won't be sharing the same games. Obviously install base won't be a reason to develop for ps4/next xbox but there are other reasons and other reasons not to develop for wiiU.

Third party wise they are sharing a lot of games. My most wanted PS4 game is a multiplat. (Watch Dogs) Until the install base is over 10 million anyone developing games for the consoles are doing it on faith in the future of the console and not much else, because early adopters usually buy first party releases during the early months.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#46idrawrobotstooPosted 5/11/2013 12:12:05 PM
Nintendo's classics are definitely their most popular, but they do more than solely rely on them.
#47DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 12:15:18 PM
Pendragoon posted...
Third party wise they are sharing a lot of games. My most wanted PS4 game is a multiplat. (Watch Dogs) Until the install base is over 10 million anyone developing games for the consoles are doing it on faith in the future of the console and not much else, because early adopters usually buy first party releases during the early months.

That's obviously not going to last, the difference is no multiplat on wiiU isn't going to be on ps3/360. Also ps4/next xbox actually have significantly better versions even if it's the same game (personally I wouldn't buy them for it though, I'll wait for next gen games)
#48PendragoonPosted 5/11/2013 12:30:01 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Pendragoon posted...

That's obviously not going to last, the difference is no multiplat on wiiU isn't going to be on ps3/360. Also ps4/next xbox actually have significantly better versions even if it's the same game (personally I wouldn't buy them for it though, I'll wait for next gen games)

The point is, third parties supporting consoles early on can't expect multi million sellers. 100k is good sales during a console launch for third party games, but devs complain when they don't get a 50% attach rate. This gen has gone on for so long that it makes me wonder just how many devs remember what a launch is really like. They have to be on the other consoles to cover the next gen ports of their games that just won't sell as well due to the lower install base and the first party releases taking up a lot of the early sales.

This is probably why third parties flock to Microsoft, their first party lineup is abysmal compared to Sony and Nintendo.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#49DiscostewSMPosted 5/11/2013 12:32:57 PM
Well, people get rid of their consoles/handhelds early on only to re-buy them later because the situation with said console/handheld has changed. Same thing could happen here.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#50Zato InfinitePosted 5/11/2013 12:35:55 PM
Catch 22 here. Nintendo claims they're trying to get more third party development and yet they don't even try to communicate with developers. People here say Nintendo shouldn't have to do the communicating and yet Sony and Microsoft have so much third party titles lined up. Apparently they are doing something Nintendo isn't.