Devs sending back Wii U devs kits

#61PendragoonPosted 5/11/2013 12:57:10 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Children, there's no such thing as a lazy dev. They made the cost vs benefit evaluation and decided the Wii U is a waste of time. Get over it.

They didn't even try, that is the very definition of lazy.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#62DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 12:57:30 PM
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
Catch 22 here. Nintendo claims they're trying to get more third party development and yet they don't even try to communicate with developers. People here say Nintendo shouldn't have to do the communicating and yet Sony and Microsoft have so much third party titles lined up. Apparently they are doing something Nintendo isn't.

If Nintendo isn't talking to third party developers then explain Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, or Capcom making Mario Kart, or Namco helping with Smash Bros. I'm sure we will see more in the coming weeks.

Two out of three of those are first party titles. Of course Nintendo will be on top of that! We're talking about ten other third parties that are returning the development kits.

Two and a half.
#63Zato InfinitePosted 5/11/2013 12:58:10 PM
idrawrobotstoo posted...

Nintendo lived with out them up until now, I think they'll be fine,

Again, that's not the point of the discussion. I don't know how you can associate lack of Nintendo's communication with a third party to how you never cared for a third party company. And this is ESPECIALLY after Nintendo has stated time and time again that they would love to get more third party support for the Wii U.
#64idrawrobotstooPosted 5/11/2013 1:00:50 PM
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...

Again, that's not the point of the discussion. I don't know how you can associate lack of Nintendo's communication with a third party to how you never cared for a third party company. And this is ESPECIALLY after Nintendo has stated time and time again that they would love to get more third party support for the Wii U.

So I list some games where Nintendo is working directly with 3rd parties and that to you is a lack of communication?
#65Zato InfinitePosted 5/11/2013 1:02:34 PM
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...

So I list some games where Nintendo is working directly with 3rd parties and that to you is a lack of communication?

Again two out of three of those third parties are working on FIRST PARTY titles. Of course Nintendo will communicate with them! Those are their bread and butter!
#66DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 1:03:52 PM
Pendragoon posted...
Wii U digital sales are actually doing quite well (just ask Capcom) And for the first year we will see nothing that couldn't be done on older consoles gameplay wise, because all devs care about at that point is pushing more effects (see the new Killzone) Right now there is no reason to skip developing for the Wii U that won't apply to both consoles launching this fall/winter.

I find that hard to believe with the small HDD and the no account system can you provide a link of what you are referring to? We are likely to see something that can't be done on current gen consoles in the first year actually, ps4 is far easier to develop for then any other console at launch so it won't take as much work and optimization to get more out of the system and even on other launches we saw stuff that couldn't be done on last gen (relative) consoles, the fact they are also using new effects is irrelevant as that also has happened before every time and gameplay still improved.

As for reasons to not develop for wiiU that don't apply to ps4/next xbox.

-Weak specs incapable of next gen games/Any game you put on wiiU would be playable on ps3/360
-No account system/horrible online infrastructure
-Third party games always sell horrible on wiiU
-WiiU harder to develop for then ps4 or next xbox
-Tablet controller
#67idrawrobotstooPosted 5/11/2013 1:04:06 PM
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...

Again two out of three of those third parties are working on FIRST PARTY titles. Of course Nintendo will communicate with them! Those are their bread and butter!

With 3rd party developers.
#68DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 1:04:25 PM
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...

Again two and a half.
#69Golden MavenPosted 5/11/2013 1:07:31 PM(edited)
Pendragoon posted...
They didn't even try, that is the very definition of lazy.

You don't get it, do you? Do you have even a basic understanding of the principles of running a business? It sounds like you don't, hence you keep repeating the same old idea which is inspired by "you're lazy if you don't clean your bedroom or do your homework".

Calling a developer "lazy" is childlike mentality.
#70Zato InfinitePosted 5/11/2013 1:08:30 PM
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
idrawrobotstoo posted...

With 3rd party developers.

But working on Nintendo's IP's. Of course they're going to communicate with them! Wow, you're just not getting it are you? So are you saying that if it's not Nintendo's IP Nintendo should just leave them dead in the water? Not very smart if you're Nintendo and you want developers to bring their third party titles over to your console....