Worst rehash FPS's or Nintendo IP's?

#1FPS_hitmanPosted 5/11/2013 10:17:16 AM
People here love to put down shooters even though they keep adding stuff like more AI, destruction, map size, realism, etc...

At the same time all nintendo IP's have remained the same for decades. 2D plumber game is the same right? No new hit IP's in how long?

What basis do you nintendo fanatics have to try and put down any genre when your two hits are 1980's game both identical in its a plumber and an elf killing animals to save a princess?
#2Baha05Posted 5/11/2013 10:19:25 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
People here love to put down shooters even though they keep adding stuff like more AI, destruction, map size, realism, etc...

At the same time all nintendo IP's have remained the same for decades. 2D plumber game is the same right? No new hit IP's in how long?

What basis do you nintendo fanatics have to try and put down any genre when your two hits are 1980's game both identical in its a plumber and an elf killing animals to save a princess?

Only a few shooter have destruction and map size only applies to open world games, realism is also only for specific shooters. But there are just some games that get released far too much.

And on top of that while you can argue the same old games for Nintendo the same rules apply to just about every game ever.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3TrueBlue91Posted 5/11/2013 10:20:53 AM
Also COD =/= every shooter.
It's just a particularly **** one.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#4FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:23:15 AM
Baha05 posted...
FPS_hitman posted...

Only a few shooter have destruction and map size only applies to open world games, realism is also only for specific shooters. But there are just some games that get released far too much.

And on top of that while you can argue the same old games for Nintendo the same rules apply to just about every game ever.

Thats right I just posted this because some here act like its not the norm for all system and franchise's
#5Baha05Posted 5/11/2013 10:27:18 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
Thats right I just posted this because some here act like its not the norm for all system and franchise's

Yeah but I think what bothers some i that the FPS genre has almost become generic even to Nintendo. There are just so many games for shooters and they tend to blend together.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6nuskooIPosted 5/11/2013 10:32:22 AM
Modern FPS all seem the exact same. Unsure why people like FPS and are not bored of them yet.
#7FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:35:21 AM
nuskooI posted...
Modern FPS all seem the exact same. Unsure why people like FPS and are not bored of them yet.

Same reason I cant comprehend why someone is not tired of Mario. Played one 2D mario played them all basically. Minor changes just like all shooters who incorparate things like draw distance, better AI, destruction, cloaking, ability to use vehicles, MP, co-op, etc...

Whats really more played out Nintendo 1980's games or stuff thats constantly evolving?
#8XenilPosted 5/11/2013 10:36:10 AM
Both.

FPS are slightly worse because it's hard to tell each one apart but Nintendo are following the same route.
#9FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:37:52 AM
Baha05 posted...
FPS_hitman posted...

Yeah but I think what bothers some i that the FPS genre has almost become generic even to Nintendo. There are just so many games for shooters and they tend to blend together.

You get what I mean its the posters like above that I just replyed to that I am asking. Put down something else without looking at there own genre. Whole lot of 2D games and such with indie devs. Has been around for easily a decade longer so where do they think they can bash anything.
#10Baha05Posted 5/11/2013 10:38:25 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
Same reason I cant comprehend why someone is not tired of Mario. Played one 2D mario played them all basically. Minor changes just like all shooters who incorparate things like draw distance, better AI, destruction, cloaking, ability to use vehicles, MP, co-op, etc...

Whats really more played out Nintendo 1980's games or stuff thats constantly evolving?

Maybe because (If not counting 2D Marios) that the 3D ones are actually different from each other and even 2D ones bring in some new concept.

And the stuff that is evolving from a certain point of view is what's played out. Aside from AI and Draw Distances, a good chunk of that stuff isn't new. Hell vehicle driving in shooters tends to be weak points and at least main Mario games get like one or two releases a gen for each game while shooters are a dime a dozen.
---