Worst rehash FPS's or Nintendo IP's?

#31dancing_cactuarPosted 5/11/2013 11:46:09 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Yep, you ripped that definition off Urban Dictionary. Good job!

Would this suffice, o great one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeaboo
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#32Dark_AbaddonPosted 5/11/2013 12:04:28 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
People here love to put down shooters even though they keep adding stuff like more AI, destruction, map size, realism, etc...

all games in a series make minor changes to the main game, and attempt to appeal to the fans of that game by giving them what they want, only more polished with better/new features.

When I buy New Super Mario Bros. U, I know I am getting a game like NSMB Wii, only with some new features, levels, and enhancements, and that is what I want. The same thing is true with shooters in the same series.

The difference is the majority of the shooter genre (majority means there are exceptions) has somewhat devolved to the point where all the games feel and look quite similar.

At the same time all nintendo IP's have remained the same for decades. 2D plumber game is the same right? No new hit IP's in how long?

I agree, Mario is quite overused; however, if we compare 3D Mario to 2D Mario to Paper Mario to Mario Kart, we see very different games despite them staring the same character. Nintendo (if you include second party) has had several new IP's that have done quite well recently (ex. Pushmo).

The difference is the frequency. Mario games in a given series come out less frequently than generic shooters. Generally a Nintendo system only sees 1 entry in each Mario series (with notable exceptions such as Mario Party), whereas, a console may see several shooters that look and feel quite similar within a year (i.e., many over the console's lifetime).

What basis do you nintendo fanatics have to try and put down any genre when your two hits are 1980's game both identical in its a plumber and an elf killing animals to save a princess?

People shouldn't put them down just because a they do not like a genre. This is true for both FPS fans and Nintendo fans.
---
and thus concludes my post.
#33Golden MavenPosted 5/11/2013 12:08:34 PM
Buretsu posted...
Maybe you should have done the same and learned what the word meant before using it.

I know exactly what it means, this website is full of them.
#34ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/11/2013 12:15:32 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
People here love to put down shooters even though they keep adding stuff like more AI, destruction, map size, realism, etc...

At the same time all nintendo IP's have remained the same for decades. 2D plumber game is the same right? No new hit IP's in how long?

What basis do you nintendo fanatics have to try and put down any genre when your two hits are 1980's game both identical in its a plumber and an elf killing animals to save a princess?

3Ds EShop.

/topic

Oh, and...

Military Soldier fights in war.

Guy goes to dystopian city in unusual location filled with conflict.

Furry space critter and small backpack robot go to planets and fight bad guys with lots of guns.

Adventure dude goes around world finding treasure and fighting bad guys.

Guy winds up on insane deserted island.

Army guy in green super suit goes around killing aliens and the occasional robot/AI.

Guy/Girl goes around galaxy fighting bad guys and recruiting heroes for one big endgame conflict.

Cars race.

Airplanes fight.

Need I continue?

Actually...

ITT: We fill a troll topic to the brim with broad generalizations of popular video games.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#35VernnonPosted 5/11/2013 12:25:19 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
Panner posted...
Unfortunately, in this day and age, if you've played type of game, you've played them all.
Racing games, FPS, platformer, action and rpg's are all too similar these days.

Thank you thats my point. If you like it you like it. I love FPS's and love thats there is tons to choose from. I get to play a lot of stuff and even if its minor changes who cares its new to me. Same as Mario i am talking like i dont like it but I do. I will buy Mario kart and other offerings the second they come out but in no way do i consider it new or great. Its the same ole junk i have enjoyed and will enjoy again.

So what exactly is the point in this topic then.? Just because you think that way doesn't mean everyone else does. Just like how you stated ''People here love to put down shooters even though they keep adding stuff like more AI, destruction, map size, realism, etc...'' Same could be said about how people come here and bash Nintendo,the Wii U, etc. And What I mean by bash is constantly creating same topics over and over again. Further more If you really felt this way (I mean when you said if you like it, you like it) then this topic would had never been created. Why exactly do you care about what others think, specifically when it comes to games you love?
#36AceMosPosted 5/11/2013 12:25:27 PM
my problem with FPS war games is

it mistakingly tells kids thats how war is
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#37METALINGUS5150Posted 5/11/2013 12:31:47 PM
Does it matter?
let people play what they want to play