Any other owners regret getting one so early?

#11DemonDog666Posted 5/11/2013 3:44:12 PM
Nope I regonized wiiU was lacking in pretty much every way and wasn't worth getting therefore I didn't buy it.
#12FPS_hitmanPosted 5/11/2013 3:59:38 PM
I think anyone who is not a fanatic probably does. Most console owners dont care about gaming on a PC so when new consoles drop sure there is a lack of software but at least whats out is more advanced and different than whats been done before. In this case none of that exist with horrible ports and weak offerings so far the like of which we have been playing for years.
#13gameG3ni3Posted 5/11/2013 4:08:09 PM
QWERTY_369 posted...
I'm not saying I regret getting a Wii U completely, but this is the first time I think I've ever actually thought about whether or not getting a console close to launch was worthwhile. It seems like the Wii U's lineup at this point in the life cycle is nowhere near as satisfying as lineups of other consoles (like the 360, or the PS2) when they were six months old (for example, six months in, the 360 already had the likes of Oblivion and G.R.A.W.).

I've just run out of stuff to do with it. Miiverse was interesting for a bit, and it was fun to play through Super Mario World for the 20th time (that game holds up so God damn well), but now I'm just out. What the hell are you guys doing with your Wii Us now?

Be thankful you didn't get a PS3 at launch, that was the longest 18 months in my gaming life...
---
("+[__]::") = love
#14Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/11/2013 4:08:46 PM
Wii U was the first console I bought that close to launch (couldn't get a deluxe launch day, got one the following weekend), but having seen numerous launches, I knew what to expect, and with a substantial Wii backlog and largely underdeveloped PS3 library, I knew I had plenty to play without having to rely on a launch library.

I knew the Wii U was going to get must-have games eventually, and with wanting my Wii games playable in another room, wanting to get any lengthy setup procedures out of the way, and not wanting to be without a Wii U when must-have games launch, I had all the reason I needed to buy a Wii U sooner rather than later.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#15AceAndJunpeiPosted 5/11/2013 4:09:54 PM
Yeah, I kinda do.

I haven't played much outside of New Super Mario U with my girlfriend.
---
Now Playing: Deadly Premonition:DC (PS3-Game:9/10 Performance:3/10), Borderlands 2(360), Lumines ES (Vita), Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
#16NamcoMuseum2Posted 5/11/2013 4:18:42 PM
It taught me to never buy a launch console again.
---
RobJ23 (the ultimate Nintendo apologist) = defeated
Here's why: http://s16.postimg.org/szvsebqw5/Rob_J23_exposed.jpg
#17ChipChippersonPosted 5/11/2013 4:20:36 PM
gameG3ni3 posted...
QWERTY_369 posted...
I'm not saying I regret getting a Wii U completely, but this is the first time I think I've ever actually thought about whether or not getting a console close to launch was worthwhile. It seems like the Wii U's lineup at this point in the life cycle is nowhere near as satisfying as lineups of other consoles (like the 360, or the PS2) when they were six months old (for example, six months in, the 360 already had the likes of Oblivion and G.R.A.W.).

I've just run out of stuff to do with it. Miiverse was interesting for a bit, and it was fun to play through Super Mario World for the 20th time (that game holds up so God damn well), but now I'm just out. What the hell are you guys doing with your Wii Us now?

Be thankful you didn't get a PS3 at launch, that was the longest 18 months in my gaming life...

I have never seen a worse launch than the PS3's. Anybody who thinks that the U launch is anywhere in the same miserable league is smoking rock.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#18melbye80Posted 5/11/2013 4:25:50 PM
Yes, because it was either a WiiU or upgrade my PC. I should have waited until this fall when Pikmin 3 comes out which to me was always the first must have exclusive
#19ArmorWolf01Posted 5/11/2013 4:41:58 PM
Nah it's been great
---
"When a man talks dirty to a woman its sexual harassment but when a woman talks dirty to a man its $4.95 a minute."
#20nickvd8Posted 5/11/2013 4:44:43 PM
Nope.
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.