Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube. The last of the hardcore nintendo gaming systems.

#11sketchturnerPosted 5/11/2013 8:39:15 PM
I love the NES, SNES, N64, and GCN. But if I were to list the must-have "hardcore games" from each system, the Wii would have the most [for me personally anyway]. Plus you add in the VC/WiiWare and backwards compatibility with GCN and the Wii has a completely unfair advantage in terms of value as a "hardcore" gaming system.

There are many top-notch games on the Wii but the overall image of the Wii was terrible due to an overwhelming amount of crap that muddied that waters.
---
Now Playing:Body Harvest, Metal Gear Solid 3, Pandora's Tower, Super Adventure Island 2, TimeSplitters:Future Perfect, Worms: Battle Islands
#12bdavis93Posted 5/11/2013 8:42:06 PM(edited)
Rehashing does not fit here. Going from SMB1 -> SMB3, and SMB3->SMW had far more interesting changes than CoD4:MW -> CoD:MW2.
The same(if not greater) magnitude of change is present between Super Mario 64 to Sunshine, and Sunshine to Galaxy.
#13Jacob46719Posted 5/12/2013 8:44:49 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Baha05 posted...
miliniumeye posted...
And?

C-C-Combo Breakerrrr!!!

And?
---
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Lego City
#14VernnonPosted 5/12/2013 8:52:06 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
Can people please please PLEASE stop using the tired old excuse of "rehashing old franchises" when the most popular selling non-Nintendo games are all games where the franchise has been done to death? There is far more difference within the main Super Mario franchise from system to system then there is within most other franchises.

This, but what makes it worse is that people act as if they don't like, nor want any sequels.. where most of the games are, or have them. With the exemption of most indie games.
#15ZeroArcheryPosted 5/12/2013 8:57:43 AM
Vernnon posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Can people please please PLEASE stop using the tired old excuse of "rehashing old franchises" when the most popular selling non-Nintendo games are all games where the franchise has been done to death? There is far more difference within the main Super Mario franchise from system to system then there is within most other franchises.

This, but what makes it worse is that people act as if they don't like, nor want any sequels.. where most of the games are, or have them. With the exemption of most indie games.

To add to this, people seem to not realize what a "New IP" is. It's just a new character. It has nothing to do with gameplay, has nothing to do with story, nothing to do with mechanics. PURELY new character.

Let's look at Sakura Samurai from Nintendo, a new IP to people. Now replace all of the characters with Zelda characters. Suddenly it's a rehash.

Kirby Mass Attack and MArio Superstar Saga. Those games have little to do with the main series of games. You could replace the Nintendo characters with original characters, and people would call it a new IP.

So when I hear people say "New IP or its lazy!" I look at them weird, as it's hard to take seriously.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#16WalkiethrougiePosted 5/12/2013 9:01:26 AM
Is it bad that I loved the Wii? Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2), Skyward Sword, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, DKCR, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Twilight Princess, Wii Party, Wii Sports, and SimAnimals are some off the best games to exist IMO. They brought new mechanics to the table that truly made the Wii a great system. Yes, it might have had a massive amount of shovelware, but who cares?
---
2013 - Year of WeeGee
#17solaurus12Posted 5/12/2013 9:18:08 AM
Walkiethrougie posted...
Is it bad that I loved the Wii? Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2), Skyward Sword, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, DKCR, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Twilight Princess, Wii Party, Wii Sports, and SimAnimals are some off the best games to exist IMO. They brought new mechanics to the table that truly made the Wii a great system. Yes, it might have had a massive amount of shovelware, but who cares?

I would agree if you didn't say skyward sword, Wii party&sports, and simanimals. Really? Skyward sword was pretty much the worst game in the series and the others are absolute grandma-iz-gamer garbage. I like Nintendo to a point but when it comes to the Wii and WiiU.... And if you say that WiiU has alot of interesting games (ill give you monster hunter.), then my sig is something you should consider. I just hope ill be able to drag my WiiU out of the closet if good games come soon.
---
PSN-Solaurus Steam-Solaurus
Making everyone on the WiiU board look stupid since 1888.
#18picanoPosted 5/12/2013 9:43:45 AM(edited)
Last of the hardcore? You realize, hardcore didn't 'exist' as a gaming term until around the time of the Wii? It was originally 'core' vs 'casual'; then people started stupidly referring to it as 'hardcore' which strips the actual meaning --- gamers who were the primary / target audience.

And really, Gamecube? Oh, conveniently ignoring the massive hate towards the console for Mario and Luigi cleaning as a primary form of combat? Or what about Pikmin being baby's first RTS. How about that weird controller with the beans on it?

How about N64? Oh, Nintendo can't keep up with the times because their games don't include FMVs? Because they can't include as much music (specifically in THPS)? What, do I need three hands to play?

Cut the crap. Either nostalgia is clouding your vision or you're using troll logic which will do anything to make Nintendo's current offerings seem worse --- even at the expense of making their old stuff sound better!

I've loved all my consoles (mostly Nintendo and some Sega) as well as playing with friends on theirs (PS1->PS3, XBox and 360).
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#19Nintendoboy77Posted 5/12/2013 12:26:44 PM
picano posted...
Last of the hardcore? You realize, hardcore didn't 'exist' as a gaming term until around the time of the Wii? It was originally 'core' vs 'casual'; then people started stupidly referring to it as 'hardcore' which strips the actual meaning --- gamers who were the primary / target audience.

And really, Gamecube? Oh, conveniently ignoring the massive hate towards the console for Mario and Luigi cleaning as a primary form of combat? Or what about Pikmin being baby's first RTS. How about that weird controller with the beans on it?

How about N64? Oh, Nintendo can't keep up with the times because their games don't include FMVs? Because they can't include as much music (specifically in THPS)? What, do I need three hands to play?

Cut the crap. Either nostalgia is clouding your vision or you're using troll logic which will do anything to make Nintendo's current offerings seem worse --- even at the expense of making their old stuff sound better!

I've loved all my consoles (mostly Nintendo and some Sega) as well as playing with friends on theirs (PS1->PS3, XBox and 360).

It's **** like this that makes me regret being a Nintendo fan.
#20slymshadyPosted 5/12/2013 12:29:05 PM
Super Nintendo was the last great console. Besides a handful of titles, The Nintendo 64 was mediocre. The gamecube...I won't even get into that, by far the weakest console from Nintendo. The wii was a step in the right direction, mainly because the revisited some old franchises (Metroid, Punch Out, DKC, Kirby) and breathed some new life into them.