Honestly Super Mario World on the couch with this thing is worth it.

#1jesse7150Posted 5/11/2013 7:28:13 PM
I'm easily amused I guess but SMW sans TV with a giant screen

plus Lego CIty

plus Injustice sans TV

=

way more than enough to love already,
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#2APHughesPosted 5/11/2013 7:37:34 PM
The Wii U VC could be great for RPGs but it depends on Nintendo releasing the VC games quickly or 2 at a time like they are doing now.
---
http://www.section86.com/
#3Kentaro21Posted 5/11/2013 7:38:22 PM
APHughes posted...
The Wii U VC could be great for RPGs but it depends on Nintendo releasing the VC games quickly or 2 at a time like they are doing now.

EarthBound's an RPG.
#4Kiro_namiPosted 5/11/2013 7:41:46 PM
I feel the same way about Monster Hunter off play. Not to mention the TV controls work like a charm.
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#5nickvd8Posted 5/11/2013 7:43:02 PM
The off tv play is awesome, I can't wait till some VC games come out that I actually want to play though.
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#6STN79Posted 5/11/2013 7:43:14 PM
Yeah this two games a week bs is gonna be a hell of a drag. Especially if they are going to add every currently already available game to Wii U's eshop. For crap sake give us some new old games!
#7srsgamer87Posted 5/11/2013 7:46:02 PM
I don't use the feature that much. Is there a major loss in resolution/color when playong Off-TV?

Sounds pretty chill just laying back with my headphones playing games like a portable.
#8sunK1DPosted 5/11/2013 7:51:08 PM
srsgamer87 posted...
I don't use the feature that much. Is there a major loss in resolution/color when playong Off-TV?

Sounds pretty chill just laying back with my headphones playing games like a portable.

The pad's screen is standard definition grade and has a very inaccurate color profile (Vita has higher resolution and better screen than the Wii U tab by a long shot.)

I suppose it's fine for VC games but I wouldn't bother playing a Wii U game on it.
---
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?
#9jesse7150(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 7:59:36 PM
the HD version of the controller will come out eventually. Honestly it looks fine, I can sacrifice some visual def for the ability to play on the couch or through the wall into my bedroom with normal headphones. When the PS4 and Vita off tv play can be compared great, but the vita is missing some buttons and touching instead is not the same.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#10Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/11/2013 8:09:45 PM
jesse7150 posted...
I'm easily amused I guess but SMW sans TV with a giant screen

plus Lego CIty

plus Injustice sans TV

=

way more than enough to love already,

SMW came out on the GBA in 2002 though......pretty late on that.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs.