Honestly Super Mario World on the couch with this thing is worth it.

#11jesse7150(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:36:35 PM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
jesse7150 posted...
I'm easily amused I guess but SMW sans TV with a giant screen

plus Lego CIty

plus Injustice sans TV

=

way more than enough to love already,

SMW came out on the GBA in 2002 though......pretty late on that.

*cough*

giant screen

I'll add comfortable real controls with enough buttons.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#12DTY3Posted 5/11/2013 10:20:24 PM
Kentaro21 posted...
APHughes posted...
The Wii U VC could be great for RPGs but it depends on Nintendo releasing the VC games quickly or 2 at a time like they are doing now.

EarthBound's an RPG.

...that wont be available until Fall.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#13gameG3ni3Posted 5/11/2013 10:32:30 PM
sunK1D posted...
srsgamer87 posted...
I don't use the feature that much. Is there a major loss in resolution/color when playong Off-TV?

Sounds pretty chill just laying back with my headphones playing games like a portable.

The pad's screen is standard definition grade and has a very inaccurate color profile (Vita has higher resolution and better screen than the Wii U tab by a long shot.)

I suppose it's fine for VC games but I wouldn't bother playing a Wii U game on it.

How much off tv experience do you have with the Wii U?? Also, how are those R2 and L2 buttons on the VITA???
---
("+[__]::") = love
#14jesse7150(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:35:41 PM
gameG3ni3 posted...
sunK1D posted...
srsgamer87 posted...
I don't use the feature that much. Is there a major loss in resolution/color when playong Off-TV?

Sounds pretty chill just laying back with my headphones playing games like a portable.

The pad's screen is standard definition grade and has a very inaccurate color profile (Vita has higher resolution and better screen than the Wii U tab by a long shot.)

I suppose it's fine for VC games but I wouldn't bother playing a Wii U game on it.

How much off tv experience do you have with the Wii U?? Also, how are those R2 and L2 buttons on the VITA???

exactly, the touch pad is in the way in most instances and bad for pinball triggers ime.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#15CrystalKing5426Posted 5/11/2013 10:36:34 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/472572-super-mario-world-super-mario-advance-2
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#16jesse7150(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:40:15 PM
that was tiny screen not all the buttons smw.
---
#17jesse7150(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 7:58:56 AM
hopefully they put out super metroid soon.
---
#18DTY3Posted 5/12/2013 12:28:31 PM
jesse7150 posted...
hopefully they put out super metroid soon.

They are in a couple of days. For 30 cents.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#19NarutoPosted 5/12/2013 12:39:28 PM
jesse7150 posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
SMW came out on the GBA in 2002 though......pretty late on that.

*cough*

giant screen

I'll add comfortable real controls with enough buttons.

The screen isn't that big, it's just the giant bezel. The low resolution doesn't help.
#20SlimeSwayzePosted 5/12/2013 1:39:41 PM
jesse7150 posted...
the HD version of the controller will come out eventually.

Does the Wii U currently send an HD signal to the Gamepad? If not, I don't think we'll be seeing an HD version of the Gamepad.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.