Shadows of the Eternals trailer was done on the PC, sounds quite suspect

#11OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:38:20 AM
what's your problem? no one is spinning words, the word is what it is
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#12GamerguymassPosted 5/12/2013 12:53:15 AM
SteamedRice posted...
They start with a quote from Edgar Allan Poe and mispell his name in the video. They use Wii button prompts on a PC demo and have no idea about the Wii U version. Nintendo isn't backing them on this. Dyack.

Everything is suspicious about the game.

Wait Nintendo isn't even going to publish the game like they did the first one? Shouldn't this be sending red flags up to everyone? I mean if Nintendo doesn't even want to help this get developed, when they helped a ton with the first one, doesn't that say things aren't really going all that great? I mean Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2 when LITERALLY no one else wanted to. So to not even be doing anything for a sequel to a game that fans have been asking for for over eight years now........
#13Board_hunter567Posted 5/12/2013 1:07:19 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
it isnt as simple as just downgrading the graphics though, you cant just click on a button to auto convert everything from PC to consoles.. you can do it for flash, but not without a significant tradeoff. also, it's not just about the demo done with PC, it's everything else as well..

To their credit, modern engines like CryEngine, Unreal, and Unity are built to make this transition as easy and painless as possible. CryEngine is particularly good in this regard IIRC.

But as far as them even having Wii U dev kits, well, let's just say that while I'm willing to give them a fair shake...Dyack gonna Dyack.
#14nonexistingheroPosted 5/12/2013 1:28:20 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
what's your problem? no one is spinning words, the word is what it is

People are spinning words and you're trying to make their effort look bad by saying something absolutely normal is suspicious.

Yeah, it's Dennis Dyack, he failed to live up to some promises. That's all. There's no reason to think they're trying to scam people at all, only that he might not live up to his promise again. And they said everyone's getting their money back if they don't get to their goal.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 2:21:25 AM
People are spinning words and you're trying to make their effort look bad by saying something absolutely normal is suspicious.

Yeah, it's Dennis Dyack, he failed to live up to some promises. That's all. There's no reason to think they're trying to scam people at all, only that he might not live up to his promise again. And they said everyone's getting their money back if they don't get to their goal.

again nobody is spinning, from the words you can see they havent tried the wii U yet and assumes everything is easy and will work fine. and why shouldnt we think he might scam us? it's not like it never happens with kickstarter.. if you want to donate go ahead, im just advising people to think twice before doing so
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
#16pikachupwnagePosted 5/12/2013 3:41:50 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
I don't see how this makes them any more suspicious. And the executive producer in credits thing for the higher or highest tiers is pretty much standard for most kickstarter projects.

Seriously, you guys are now just looking for pathetic excuses to spread more negativity -__-

Really, even spinning their words?
What they said: "We do not expect any substantial differences."
What you say: "They are f***ing dumb if they think it's just a matter of pressing a button for conversion!"

Seriously... just sad.

TC is a Somy fanboy. I have seen his posts on the Vita board.

So yeah he is just trolling.
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#17Sonic2ShadowPosted 5/12/2013 3:52:59 AM
TheUnboundOne posted...
It's no secret the game is being developed on PC and ported to WiiU. It's just easier. Besides, why wouldn't they put their best foot forward by showing a trailer asking for money on modern hardware and not 8 year old tech?

Dennis Dyack and his team are suspect anyways since most of them are responsible for Too Human and Xmen: Destiny which were both terrible and they haven't made anything since to make up for those failures.

Too Human, you can fault them on, but X-Men Destiny isn't a good way to criticize them. It was an Activision licensed title with little funding and a rushed release (licensed titles have to be released every so often for the publisher to maintain the rights). Silicon Knights even admitted to using part of the funds they received for the game to work on a sequel to Eternal Darkness. The same was said by Gearbox with Aliens Colonial Marines.

Many respected developers have made terrible licensed titles. High Moon Studios made Transformers 3: The Game, mainly because they had success with War for Cybertron. Fall of Cybertron was good too, but Transformers 3 was an obvious movie tie in with little time or funding. Sadly I feel Deadpool will be another licensed title that may not be all that great...but I'm still getting it cause Deadpool.

Also on Transformers, another fantastic developer, Next Level Games, made the Wii spin-off of War for Cybertron (Cybertron Adventures). It wasn't as funded as the main game was and therefore didn't receive as good of praise.
---
"Pokemon aren't just things to collect and trade like toys or dolls, you're a monster!" - Misty, Pokemon 2000
#18STE573Posted 5/12/2013 3:55:39 AM
Sonic2Shadow posted...
That's unusual, since the demo shows Wii U button prompts...

This. If this is true, then I can see it getting sticky if the gap in quality is noticeable... It's similar to the Colonial Marines thing.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing Dragons Dogma (360) Xcom (360) Persona 4 (Vita) Demon Souls (PS3).
#19DTY3Posted 5/12/2013 4:37:10 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
I don't see how this makes them any more suspicious. And the executive producer in credits thing for the higher or highest tiers is pretty much standard for most kickstarter projects.

Seriously, you guys are now just looking for pathetic excuses to spread more negativity -__-

Really, even spinning their words?
What they said: "We do not expect any substantial differences."
What you say: "They are f***ing dumb if they think it's just a matter of pressing a button for conversion!"

Seriously... just sad.

Vita board? Screw that. Just look at his sig.

Dat reassurance.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#20OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 4:48:53 AM

if you've seen my posts there you would know im not a fanboy
---