What company made the most new ips in the last five years? Wii u has one so far?

#1msunshinePosted 5/12/2013 12:43:59 AM
Topic
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#2LvthnPosted 5/12/2013 12:47:42 AM
Unclear what you mean.

What company has produced the most first-party new IPs in the last five years? Probably Sony. Won't swear to it, but seems likely.

What company, first or third party, has produced the most new IPs in the last five years? I have no idea whatsoever, that's a lot of companies and thousands of games to pick from.
#3msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 12:49:22 AM
Lvthn posted...
Unclear what you mean.

What company has produced the most first-party new IPs in the last five years? Probably Sony. Won't swear to it, but seems likely.

What company, first or third party, has produced the most new IPs in the last five years? I have no idea whatsoever, that's a lot of companies and thousands of games to pick from.

Ok, let's stick to sony-ms-nintendo
---
#4LvthnPosted 5/12/2013 12:54:02 AM
In that case I'll guess Sony.

MS doesn't seem to produce all that many new IPs and has a single platform.

Nintendo is quite productive but tends to redo existing IPs more often than not.

Sony probably doesn't have as many IPs total as Nintendo (or maybe they do and a lot of them are lesser known), but they do tend to come out with whole new IPs fairly regularly and have two/three platforms currently on the market.

Just a guess based on the general habits of the three companies. I haven't done a formal count.
#5msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:05:17 AM
Lvthn posted...

Nintendo is quite productive but tends to redo existing IPs more often than not.

Sony probably doesn't have as many IPs total as Nintendo (or maybe they do and a lot of them are lesser known), but they do tend to come out with whole new IPs fairly regularly and have two/three platforms currently on the market.

Just a guess based on the general habits of the three companies. I haven't done a formal count.

What new ip's did sony make in the last five years
---
#6LinkMaster2703Posted 5/12/2013 1:09:12 AM
msunshine posted...
Lvthn posted...

Well, since the PS3 came out they've made Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout, Motorstorm, Infamous, and Resistance, just off the top of my head. That's not including smaller downloadable games, then I'd be here forever.
#7Chocobo115Posted 5/12/2013 1:09:34 AM
Def Sony, they seem to get out more IPs every year than what Nintendo does for an entire generation (if not more)
#8msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:27:24 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
msunshine posted...
Lvthn posted...

Well, since the PS3 came out they've made Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout, Motorstorm, Infamous, and Resistance, just off the top of my head. That's not including smaller downloadable games, then I'd be here forever.

Only lbp and infamous are from the last five years.
---
#9LvthnPosted 5/12/2013 1:27:38 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
msunshine posted...
Lvthn posted...

And just two weeks ago, Soul Sacrifice, entirely new IP with a sequel already scheduled and free DLC coming out in a couple weeks.

I can't even keep track of how many completely new games Sony generates. Seems to be their answer to the fact that they really don't have a mascot anymore.
#10MilesTeg420Posted 5/12/2013 1:33:05 AM
msunshine posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
msunshine posted...
Lvthn posted...

Only lbp and infamous are from the last five years.

That, and Wipeout HD was not a new IP.