In your opinion is the Wii U underpowered?

#1Semi45aPosted 5/12/2013 12:52:08 AM
Thoughts? - Results (474 votes)
Yes, explain
64.56% (306 votes)
No, explain
35.44% (168 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Developers that I have no respect for i.e. EA keep saying this. What are you thoughts on the matter?
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2LinkMaster2703Posted 5/12/2013 12:56:00 AM
No, because power doesn't make a game good. The Wii was underpowered last gen and yet Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, etc. were some of my favorite games of the entire generation. If the Wii U ends up being a Nintendo box like the Wii was then I'd be perfectly fine with that, I'm going to be buying a PS4 any ways.
#3MilesTeg420Posted 5/12/2013 1:15:27 AM
Until Nintendo shows their big games, the answer isn't entirely clear. If their big first party stuff fails to impress then I think it's safe to say Nintendo messed up this time. Some games though like Trine 2 and Most Wanted U show nice improvements even though they weren't ground up for Wii U, so I think it's reasonable that we should be excited to see Nintendo's in house offerings.

If 3D Mario/MarioKart/Retro's game don't impress then Wii U officially will have big problems moving forward.
#4Halo05Posted 5/12/2013 1:45:20 AM
While it will certainly do what Nintendo needs it to do for its (very good) first party titles, the fact that it won't stack up favorably power-wise with the PS4 and next Xbox mean that just like this generation, any third party titles ported to all three systems are going to be watered down on the Wii U.

It isn't an issue today, but in 2015, when Call of Duty 19, Fallout 4, and Borderlands 3 come out, the Wii U either isn't going to get the games at all, or the ports will be less well-received by the general public than the HD twin versions.
---
ssb has bean the best fighting game series ever since its was frist realized.
-podoftimmy
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 5/12/2013 1:47:13 AM
Halo05 posted...
While it will certainly do what Nintendo needs it to do for its (very good) first party titles, the fact that it won't stack up favorably power-wise with the PS4 and next Xbox mean that just like this generation, any third party titles ported to all three systems are going to be watered down on the Wii U.

It isn't an issue today, but in 2015, when Call of Duty 19, Fallout 4, and Borderlands 3 come out, the Wii U either isn't going to get the games at all, or the ports will be less well-received by the general public than the HD twin versions.

And it would have no sales impact whatsoever.
#6Chocobo115Posted 5/12/2013 1:50:27 AM
Maybe not, but it's def overpriced imho.
#7BaconPancakesPosted 5/12/2013 1:52:00 AM
Yes, though I don't think it's a bad thing. While it's not exactly a good thing. The Wii U is obviously more powerful than the 360 and PS3, though up against the PS4 and the next Microsoft system, it won't be as powerful. Now we come to the technical aspects. If the next Microsoft system is more powerful than PS4...the PS4 will be under powered. All consoles are weak anyways, playing consoles for power makes you look like a fool.
#8its_mattPosted 5/12/2013 1:53:18 AM
Halo05 posted...

HD twins? I think right now all the current home console formats will output in 1080p for at least some games so your attitude seems out of date. As far as suggesting there is nothing to choose between Playstation and Xbox formats then this is only the case because of so few exclusives on Xbox now where as Sony have funded exclusive game development just as much as Nintendo have.
#9Halo05Posted 5/12/2013 1:57:09 AM
I threw HD twins out there to refer to the likely fact that we're going to see a very similar breakdown of titles for the (likely) similarly powered next Xbox and PS4. They'll get essentially identical versions of Madden, CoD, Final Fantasy XV, etc. I realize that each system will be running most everything in 1080p.

It's not like I kicked your dog or anything, geez.
---
ssb has bean the best fighting game series ever since its was frist realized.
-podoftimmy
#10ElectricMolePosted 5/12/2013 2:07:58 AM
Yes, underpowered.

I predict a repeat of last gen with wii getting its own great first party games and Durango/ps4 getting the full support from 3rd parties. thats why it doesnt bother me. I'll have the wii U and ps4 and I'm all set for the next 6-7 years, just like my wii+ps3 combo. pc is trash, so not an option at all to me.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188