E3 2011 Wii U press conference - Nintendo Lied

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/12/2013 1:00:02 AM
Something was bugging me about Wii U E3 2011. Wasn't there a bunch of stuff they showed that we still don't have or may never have? So I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Ev5DRXGfk

Starting at about 2:32 til the end of the video, they are showing pretty much all stuff we don't have yet, and as of now doesn't officially exist. All the way up til the end with the Zelda footage.

The reaction of the crowd to some of this stuff was big (and kinda hilarious) and yet Nintendo has not delivered this content. It will be two calendar years since Wii U E3 2011. Is Nintendo gonna show this stuff again? Or did they just straight up mislead us?

Also, it was funny when coming in 2012 popped up. Pretty sure everyone was expecting holiday 2011 given the state of the Wii at the time. Disappointing moment there.
#2BonezWellPosted 5/12/2013 1:24:46 AM
You are hilarious about calling them liars. If you see this at lying, instead of just showing possibilities/tech demos, you pretty much think all developers EVER are liars.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#3DoomsSDPosted 5/12/2013 1:30:28 AM
I don't think they were lying.

EA basically threw Nintendo under the bus over their Origins thing not being used as the back bone for Nintendos online network.

THQ, that were also providing games in that reel went bust so I doubt we'll even see their contributions materialize.

Ubisoft basically screwed Nintendo out of its exclusivity to Rayman: Legends and delayed the game to bring it out for all platforms. This would have been a strong launch game for Nintendo so it's a particularly egregious example.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#4MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:35:44 AM
BonezWell posted...
You are hilarious about calling them liars. If you see this at lying, instead of just showing possibilities/tech demos, you pretty much think all developers EVER are liars.

Developers aren't hosting a huge press conference on the scale of a console reveal, showing many games and features publicly to the whole world, only later to shrug their shoulders. Many of these is what Nintendo is telling us the point of the console is at that time.
#5MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:37:26 AM
DoomsSD posted...

EA basically threw Nintendo under the bus over their Origins thing not being used as the back bone for Nintendos online network.

THQ, that were also providing games in that reel went bust so I doubt we'll even see their contributions materialize.

Ubisoft basically screwed Nintendo out of its exclusivity to Rayman: Legends and delayed the game to bring it out for all platforms. This would have been a strong launch game for Nintendo so it's a particularly egregious example.

You must not have watched the video. It's all first party titles and Wii U features in question here. No third party stuff.
#6DoomsSDPosted 5/12/2013 2:15:27 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
DoomsSD posted...

You must not have watched the video. It's all first party titles and Wii U features in question here. No third party stuff.

I assumed it was the sizzle reel with all the third party stuff, LOL. My bad. Sorry for making assumptions.

Yeah, there's some stuff in the video that's not out yet. I think we may see most of it, although I do think there was some over ambitious thinking.

The board game, looks kinda boring TBH. Chess wouldn't have been a bad game to use for it, although it reeks of low level Indie E-shop spam, maybe Nintendo thought so too?

The baseball footage game smacks of Wii Sports U, I'd like to think we'll see that in some form. The footage wasn't too mind blowing in terms of the Gamepad so it looks like it'll be possible. I also suspect the Golf game shot of the woman teeing off with the Wii Mote and Game-pad will be part of Wii Sports U too.

Wii Fit U isn't out yet but it's confirmed so I guess time will tell about that although they didn't off anything mind blowing in terms of functionality in that small clip.

The small segment with the sniper over looking the windows is the only one that's leaping out as something we're not going to see as is in the game footage. If you look closely at the Miis, they don't look rendered the same way as the Baseball Miis from earlier in the clip, so I think it's a definite concept shot there. Maybe we'll see a sharp shooting segment in the Sports U game, but it obviously won't be sniping people in windows.

The bamboo/shuriken footage was probably from that Ninja Nintendo Land game, in which case, we've seen it re-worked into a different format. I personally like the newer format of it.

Not sure how the Video Chat even handles in this game, I've not even tried to use it.

The browser doesn't handle like that, and I don't even see how the stuff they were doing with it is even useful. Probably made the cutting floor, if you ask me. I don't mind, the browser is already pretty good.

The Zelda footage was a bit of a derp though. "Get more detail with the new controller". You don't get detail with the controller, it's the newer CONSOLE that gives Zelda the better detail. I can kind of see why people had a hard time realizing this thing was more than just a controller add on... Oh well, If Zelda U looks anywhere near as good as that Zelda does I'll be happy enough even if the other stuff never gets here.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#7RockD79Posted 5/12/2013 3:26:12 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Something was bugging me about Wii U E3 2011. Wasn't there a bunch of stuff they showed that we still don't have or may never have? So I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Ev5DRXGfk

Starting at about 2:32 til the end of the video, they are showing pretty much all stuff we don't have yet, and as of now doesn't officially exist. All the way up til the end with the Zelda footage.

The reaction of the crowd to some of this stuff was big (and kinda hilarious) and yet Nintendo has not delivered this content. It will be two calendar years since Wii U E3 2011. Is Nintendo gonna show this stuff again? Or did they just straight up mislead us?

Also, it was funny when coming in 2012 popped up. Pretty sure everyone was expecting holiday 2011 given the state of the Wii at the time. Disappointing moment there.

Wasn't up to Nintendo to deliver that content. 3rd parties changed their mind. It happens. Just like the EA's John Riccitiello making his promise on delivering EA games using the Frostbite Engine on Wii U. By E3 2011 some developers already had early dev kits. The kicker, back then the kits ran specs weaker than the final retail model. Which makes the whole EA excuse making headlines recently complete bs. Then again, it's possible the system really couldn't run Frostbite and John Riccitiello was lying to the press even back then.
---
Just Finished: Lego LOTR, Currently Playing: MH3U, MW3, Solomon's Key Next up: Resident Evil: Revelations
#8TeremeiPosted 5/12/2013 3:32:07 AM
"Some day it will be May 31st 2013"

MilesTEG420 "YOU LIE, that day doesn't exsist yet!"

Miles, I think you've been 420in a little too much, if you know what I mean.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#9AstralFrostPosted 5/12/2013 3:37:05 AM
That Zelda game looks awesome, can't wait to get it in 2012 like the video clearly implies. Shame the game doesn't even exist.

Yep, liars.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#10DDP886Posted 5/12/2013 4:40:12 AM
DoomsSD posted...

Aw someone's bitter because these companies as well as others refuse to look at the wii u
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR