Will the lack of games help drive Bayonetta 2 sales?

#1deadANDrottedPosted 5/12/2013 12:43:26 PM
I was reading the other topic about Bayo 2 staying exclusive and it got me thinking. People going back and fourth saying how it needs to be on PS360 because of the low install base of the Wii U or others pointing out that the first sold fairly poorly. While both a right in some sense they both seem to miss a few key points points.

1. Bayonetta 2 would not see the light of day if it wasn't for Nintendo.

2. Bayonetta has a smaller yet very excited fan base. Sure their not happy with it being exclusive but the few that played it really enjoyed it (give or take some gamers) and want to play the next installment.

3. Nintendo now has an IP that people outside of their usual fans that want a game on their console. If they want to play it, they have to buy the Wii U.

So put those pieces together and you can see the potential that Nintendo sees in Bayo 2. Now back to the lack of games question.

Will the lack of games we have now will it give a push in sales to people looking for something new to play?

I think it will sell some consoles but not millions. However I think this is a chance for people that are usually Nintendo only to expand their usual expectations of the console. Much like my generation did with Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES (extreamly close to the arcade version) and Killer Instinct. (which was a SNES exclusive but didn't fit their normal style)
#2deadANDrotted(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 2:29:53 PM
Really? No thoughts or opinions?

I am on Gfaqs, right? I know you people love to be opinionated.
#3LinetrixPosted 5/12/2013 2:31:56 PM
3. Nintendo now has an IP

Has? Nope.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#4Mason_CainPosted 5/12/2013 2:32:02 PM
The lack of response shows how few people care about B2 or even the Wii U.
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
#5sunK1DPosted 5/12/2013 2:34:51 PM
Bayonetta isn't unique or a great game to begin with. The fact people even bring it up shows how desperate they are.

As to your question, OFC the lack of software will drive sales up. This is true to any game and not just Bayonetta 2.
---
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?
#6DBPanterAPosted 5/12/2013 2:35:40 PM
Nintendo will need to either package the first game with the second or release it via the eShop at a reasonable price. Without it, expect sales numbers similar to the launch titles that were sequels in a series, which sold incredibly poorly on the Wii U.

Bayonetta 2 will not be a 2013 release. If you saw that footage of the development in the Nintendo Direct, they are very far off. The lack of software today may not be the same when Bayonetta 2 is released.

Lastly, Bayonetta did not sell well on the PS3 and 360, hence the reason why Nintendo got the rights to publish the sequel. The other issue is Nintendo has low attachment rates of games to consoles relative to their competition.

I will only buy this game if they release the first one on the Wii U in some form.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7AceMosPosted 5/12/2013 2:37:34 PM
sunK1D posted...
Bayonetta isn't unique or a great game to begin with. The fact people even bring it up shows how desperate they are.

As to your question, OFC the lack of software will drive sales up. This is true to any game and not just Bayonetta 2.

if the game is so bad why did sony fans threaten to kill kamiya when it was anounced as wii u only
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#8sunK1DPosted 5/12/2013 2:42:04 PM
AceMos posted...
sunK1D posted...

if the game is so bad why did sony fans threaten to kill kamiya when it was anounced as wii u only

Every game despite how bad it may be has hardcore fans. Deadly Premonition comes to mind.
---
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?
#9LinetrixPosted 5/12/2013 2:42:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/12/2013 2:45:28 PM
It can.

It can't be like it is now, where the lack of game is causing a lack of console owners.
In order to do its best, there will have to be enough games to have a lot of console owners, but not enough games to drown it out.

I think it should do pretty well, there should be enough games to drive sales by the time it comes out, but neither should it be directly competing with anything.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656