So, how will you guy plan your Christmas shopping for the Wii U?

#11Oni_TaedoPosted 5/12/2013 8:55:40 PM
biggy204 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Seeing how I don't celebrate Christmas, I might not buy anything in December, and just spend more time training. You religious folk and your silly holidays.

Umm Christmas may have a religious background, but times has changes as it is now a mass marketing holiday. Where all consumers are just there to shop, shop, shop, most are buying gifts (yes even non religious types buy gifts for people) and most are simply buying for themselves. During the month of December is where alot of retailers make their money with sales and promos to entice people to "buy here/there".

I'm well aware of such.
I only stated one reason why I don't celebrate it (I used religious, because I felt if I said "silly Christians", someone with thin skin, not saying any usernames, would have been offended. I myself am religious, just not to the point of "read the same text as me, or die!"), you stated the second.

It's a mass marketing holiday. A time of year where stores and other companies try to convince you to spend money on their stuff. Money I probably could use on other, more important things.

Mind you, I like the spending time with family thing.
Well, with other people's families, my family is a bunch of dbags.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#12Virus66Posted 5/12/2013 8:56:27 PM
biggy204 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Seeing how I don't celebrate Christmas, I might not buy anything in December, and just spend more time training. You religious folk and your silly holidays.

Umm Christmas may have a religious background, but times has changes as it is now a mass marketing holiday. Where all consumers are just there to shop, shop, shop, most are buying gifts (yes even non religious types buy gifts for people) and most are simply buying for themselves. During the month of December is where alot of retailers make their money with sales and promos to entice people to "buy here/there".

It depends on where you live too. Many places outside of the US don't officially celebrate Christmas. Even though I'm not religious, I still partake in the giving of gifts and spending time with my loved ones. You don't need to be religious to take advantage of the opportunity.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#13BuretsuPosted 5/12/2013 8:57:57 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...

Last I checked, shopping wasn't officially a religion.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#14Golden MavenPosted 5/12/2013 8:57:57 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
if I said "silly Christians", someone with thin skin, not saying any usernames, would have been offended.

Imagine that, you call someone silly because of their religious customs and they take offense.
#15Oni_TaedoPosted 5/12/2013 9:12:03 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
if I said "silly Christians", someone with thin skin, not saying any usernames, would have been offended.

Imagine that, you call someone silly because of their religious customs and they take offense.

^See, what did I say?
Someone with thin skin, taking offense to something I said.
---
#16BuretsuPosted 5/12/2013 9:13:34 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

^See, what did I say?

Maybe you should, I don't know, try not being offensive?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#17biggy204Posted 5/12/2013 9:17:51 PM
Buretsu posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

^See, what did I say?

Maybe you should, I don't know, try not being offensive?

That Westboro Chruch in the US is a silly "Christan/Catholic" establishment though lol
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#18Oni_TaedoPosted 5/12/2013 9:27:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19Oni_TaedoPosted 5/12/2013 9:31:29 PM
biggy204 posted...

That Westboro Chruch in the US is a silly "Christan/Catholic" establishment though lol

You get how this sort of thing works.
Mind you, the WBC is a joke.
---
#20_Sovereign_Posted 5/12/2013 9:34:54 PM
TheUnboundOne posted...
I don't know any little kids to buy WiiU games for and I'll already have a PS4 and 720 at launch. Maybe some 720/PS4/PC games?

The ignorance runs deep with this one...
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.