If Super Mario Galaxy 3 is going to be the next 3D Mario on Wii U

#1Numbuh100Posted 5/12/2013 8:16:57 PM
what features will they add besides the new levels?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#2PsienceWinsPosted 5/12/2013 8:17:23 PM
It better not be.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#3Enigma149Posted 5/12/2013 8:19:09 PM
I'm hoping multiplayer.

Nintendo's been trying to include multiplayer in 3D Mario games since the Nintendo 64, but they've never quite been able to do so. SMG was a nice start, but I want real co-op...the sort of thing like that SM64 mod with 2 Marios, but with fewer bugs.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#4SocranPosted 5/12/2013 8:39:30 PM
Enigma149 posted...
I'm hoping multiplayer.

Nintendo's been trying to include multiplayer in 3D Mario games since the Nintendo 64, but they've never quite been able to do so. SMG was a nice start, but I want real co-op...the sort of thing like that SM64 mod with 2 Marios, but with fewer bugs.

If they couldn't do it on the previous consoles, I doubt they'll manage this early on the Wii U, where (for now) only one gamepad can be used at a time. Enabling completely synchronous multiplayer would mean removing any features that really make use of the gamepad, or being the first game to try pushing a second gamepad on people while you're still trying to convince them to buy a single system.

That, or it'd be an online-only multiplayer with no local options, and you know how Nintendo loves local multiplayer.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5SnoicFactorPosted 5/12/2013 8:42:22 PM(edited)
I want something new. I didn't like the galaxy games much. SM64 style was much more fun imo.
---
brawl 463998062153 - PIKA
#6omniryuPosted 5/12/2013 8:43:36 PM
Socran posted...
Enigma149 posted...
I'm hoping multiplayer.

If they couldn't do it on the previous consoles, I doubt they'll manage this early on the Wii U, where (for now) only one gamepad can be used at a time. Enabling completely synchronous multiplayer would mean removing any features that really make use of the gamepad, or being the first game to try pushing a second gamepad on people while you're still trying to convince them to buy a single system.

That, or it'd be an online-only multiplayer with no local options, and you know how Nintendo loves local multiplayer.

There is nothing stopping Nintendo from using two gamepad. And they can find a way to use asymmetric gameplay while having off tv play.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#7userfrigginamePosted 5/12/2013 8:45:43 PM
I wouldn't want Galaxy 3 either. I wanted a more grounded game. Sorry for avoiding the actual question.
#8Golden MavenPosted 5/12/2013 8:45:47 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
what features will they add besides the new levels?

1080p and silky smooth 60FPS.
#9sonic777Posted 5/12/2013 8:46:58 PM
PsienceWins posted...
It better not be.

#10wobbuffet10Posted 5/12/2013 8:49:08 PM
I will groan if it's SMG3. I hope Nintendo knows better than that.
---
My backlog: http://backloggery.com/melatonin
My music: http://soundcloud.com/z-plan