People who don't own a Wii U yet - what game are you waiting for?

#1Golden MavenPosted 5/12/2013 9:05:40 PM
Personally, the upcoming 3D Mario, depending on how original it is. Alternatively, the upcoming original Zelda games (not Wind Waker HD), also depending on how original it is. I'm also hoping for more traditional controls.

What about the rest of the non-owners?
#2FatalyzePosted 5/12/2013 9:11:38 PM
I WAS one of those people, so I guess I'll join in on this. I waited until Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Though I bought my Wii U about a month prior to the games release, it never got much much use. Now I'm playing MH nonstop. If the game didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have bought a Wii U yet. The next game I would want one for is Pikmin 3, which is still a while from now. That being said, It really makes me feel Nintendo was very unprepared for launch. But whatever, millions of people already have Wii Us, and the people who are waiting for games to release will still get their's eventually.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#3AwayFromHerePosted 5/12/2013 9:12:16 PM(edited)
I've had one since launch.

I haven't played it since February.

The only reason I turned it on last was to update it a week or so ago.

What will get me to play it again? Pikmin 3.

After that? Hell if I know.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4biggy204Posted 5/12/2013 9:13:59 PM
Well since there is only 1 game I would buy (NSMBU), i am waiting for Smash Bros, Mario and FExSMT (since I like the SMT frenchise). So it will really take awhile for me to warrant a purchse. The MultiPlatform games, I can easly get on my PS3/360 so there goes all the other games of interest (I already own Orochi Warriors 3 on my PS3, and would rather get the PS3 version of Mass Effect because of character transfers for ME2). Batman Arkham Orgins will be either a Vita/PS3 purchase. Not really a fan of Pikmen and never liked Wind Walker. Basically it needs more games personally.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#5Dr_FacerPosted 5/12/2013 9:15:10 PM
Third Person Metroid would get me to buy this. A new F Zero, too.

Wishful thinking but a new Pilotwings would make me buy a Wii U instantly.
#6koolguy5Posted 5/12/2013 9:19:26 PM
A mario game followed by a promise to release metroid and smash in 2014, maybe a mario kart this year too
---
Mario rules.Period.FTLulz
#7sumostickfigurePosted 5/12/2013 9:21:41 PM
I'm not waiting for any game in particular, to be honest. I just happen to have a number of games in my backlog and there aren't enough games on Wii U that I'm interested in at the moment.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#8millimaynePosted 5/12/2013 9:22:34 PM
Honestly, a new Fatal Frame game. Actually, if the Wii U will establish itself as the next gen console for survival horror, I'll jump on it in a heartbeat.
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#9ssjlinkxPosted 5/12/2013 9:24:31 PM
I don't have it yet because of budget. I have other affairs to settle before I feel secure investing that much in a new console.
---
3DS FC: 2234-7659-6680
Don't feel like playing your games? Watch me play instead! http://www.youtube.com/user/jargus0
#10DemonDog666Posted 5/12/2013 9:51:04 PM
It's going to take alot more the one game to make me want to get the piece of crap that is wiiU.