My ideas for the new 3D Mario game.

#1HammerBrozPosted 5/12/2013 11:08:10 PM
- 201 stars overall.

- The main hub is a huge town that's in the new area of the Mushroom Kingdom. It changes depending on the season.

-2 player mode, player 1 uses to pro controller while player 2 uses the pad.

-Luigi, Wario and Waluigi are playable.

-Health system returns from Galaxy.

-Blue coins return but they have a different function, they can be used for buying stuff such as multiplayer maps, skins, and cheats.

-Power-ups based from Galaxy's, but they are used less as keys to puzzles and more as actual power-ups.

-Levels are large and fairly nonlinear like SM64's, but offer more challenge and recent Mario games.

-Secret levels from Sunshine return, with the intense platforming and trippy atmosphere.

-Giga Bowser appears as a bonus boss that holds the 201st star.
#2STN79Posted 5/12/2013 11:16:09 PM
It doesn't matter what your ideas are. Nintendo is the one making it.
#3fawfulmark2Posted 5/12/2013 11:37:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uURFIA4ozo

they include any of the features from this mod and I'm gonna be a very happy boy.
---
LoL name: The Noble Kip
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
#4SocranPosted 5/12/2013 11:50:25 PM(edited)
HammerBroz posted...
-2 player mode, player 1 uses to pro controller while player 2 uses the pad.

Nope. This is their chance to really show off the gamepad in a unique, top-quality first-party title. If it's even capable of being played on the pro controller, unless it relegates you to a secondary role like in Galaxy's co-star mode (and must therefore be for second player), it'll just be a point against the Wii U's primary purpose. "lol Nintendo can't even find a use for the pad even in their own games. They should've just sold the system without it."

buying stuff such as multiplayer maps, skins, and cheats.

Ugh, no. It's stuff like this that makes me so afraid of hearing the words "borrows elements from other popular games". There's so much more potential for unlockables than "multiplayer maps and skins".
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5HammerBroz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:20:29 AM
Socran posted...
Nope. This is their chance to really show off the gamepad in a unique, top-quality first-party title. If it's even capable of being played on the pro controller, unless it relegates you to a secondary role like in Galaxy's co-star mode (and must therefore be for second player), it'll just be a point against the Wii U's primary purpose. "lol Nintendo can't even find a use for the pad even in their own games. They should've just sold the system without it."

That was Nintendoland's job. And the gamepad wouldn't really benefit 3D Mario and is likely to come off as a cheap gimmick, just like the wagglan in Galaxy.
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 5/13/2013 7:24:37 AM
STN79 posted...

But if I wish hard enough, it will be true, right?
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#7trenkenPosted 5/13/2013 7:27:24 AM
I think at this point its impossible to know where they will go with it. Better not be another Galaxy game though.

My only worry is there is typically 5 years between 3D Mario games. They usually need that time to get it all together, but Galaxy 2.5 only came out 2 years ago, so Im concerned that if the new one comes out this year, it would have only been 3 years since Galaxy 2 came out.

TL/DR: Im worried they are rushing it to save this system.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8ballermat982Posted 5/13/2013 7:37:29 AM
It seems like a lot of people want it to be in the Mushroom Kingdom. I expect it will be somewhere new again like it usually is. I also expect this game to do something unique with the Gamepad.
#9darkqueenhelbaPosted 5/13/2013 9:31:04 AM
STN79 posted...

You need to calm down. You're going crazy...
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#10wiiking96Posted 5/13/2013 9:53:26 AM
HammerBroz posted...
Wario and Waluigi are playable.

Why am I not surprised by this?

TC, Wario & Waluigi should just stay out of the main Mario games. The way Wario played in SM64DS in comparison to how he did in Wario World is just insulting, and having him playing like he did in Wario World just wouldn't work for a 3D Mario game.

Wario has two series of his own, have him stay there and have them be where Waluigi first branches out.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!