I can't say "god" on Miiverse and its F***ing censored!!! >:(

#1gfaqsterPosted 5/13/2013 2:50:17 AM(edited)
What the hell?

So I was writing about Zelda dungeons and how when we get Zelda WW soon that I thought Tower of the gods had great level design and nope can't post my message because it has "god" in it >_>

WTF?!?!!?

So basically I tried other things like talking about other videogames like Lightning is a warrior goddess or the triforce in OoT was created by the 3 goddesses Nayru, Din and Farore but nope can't write that either.

Then I tried writing some anime stuff like DBZ Battle of the gods and nope can't do that either.

I even tried writing God of War and can't do that either.

Then I tried other names like Jesus, Allah, xenu, Aleph, Krishna, Buddha, Satan, Shinto and stuff like Amaterasu, Fujin, Izanagi all are acceptable.

*FACEPALM*

Nintendo are you still censoring religious stuff even after the 80s and 90s?

HOLY S*** >:(
How the f*** are we supposed to talk about like 70% of games that have some sort of "god" or deity in them?
Even your own AAA games have them! So we can't discuss them?

LOL @ Miiverse xD
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2DoomsSDPosted 5/13/2013 2:52:09 AM
can you say "Flying Spaghetti Monster?"

:D
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#3Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/13/2013 2:54:12 AM
I facepalmed when I saw Injustice on the eShop, as it has the tagline "The Mighty Among Us".

Oh Nintendo, why? I thought we were past this.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#4AwesomeOSaucePosted 5/13/2013 2:56:20 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
I facepalmed when I saw Injustice on the eShop, as it has the tagline "The Mighty Among Us".

Oh Nintendo, why? I thought we were past this.

Oh Nintendo you never learn ;_;

And to think that you're not even allowed to use the eshop if you are a minor and have parental controls set up...

This is like Nintendo censoring the spell "Holy" in Final Fantasy VI on SNES to "Pearl"
or removing the crosses from Castlevania.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#5temgunPosted 5/13/2013 2:57:09 AM
Uhh, doh? Nintendo being in the 80s and completely clueless of anything current. How is that even surprising?
#6YamiYugi4400Posted 5/13/2013 2:58:15 AM
lol nintendo
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#7HellsingOrgPosted 5/13/2013 3:01:18 AM(edited)
What makes this even funnier is the fact that SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV is coming to a Nintendo system this year!

But in all seriousness why the hell do they think this is ok?
Like tc said you can't even offer tips for games because many of them have levels or bosses with the name god in them.

Even things that aren't exactly gods have the name god as part of their title.
I guess Ninty feels that kids can play Bayonetta but they don't want them to learn about the word god on Miiverse because it might offend an atheist kid whose parents let him listen to Kesha and watch Jersey Shore and play CoD all day LMAO!
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 5/13/2013 2:59:35 AM
While censoring out "God" is stupid, its even more stupid to think that something like this doesn't happen today. Censoring "God" has nothing to do with the 80s.
#9MarikoNumber35Posted 5/13/2013 3:02:31 AM
Hey guys!
I just found out you can type in DIO and that isn't censored :D

lol Dio.
Tower of the Dios or I guess Dei if you wanted too.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#10Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/13/2013 3:02:40 AM
I actually think I'll e-mail Nintendo about this and find out, if they respond. They've never responded to my "Why are you letting GAME UK do pokemon events when they hold them to ransom" e-mails, but they did respond to tell me the eShop censorship was because of Germany.

This is still just silly though. You can't censor religion. Even if it's a touchy subject, its still a subject.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]