You can really tell who is experiencing they first console launch in here.

#31NovaLevossidaPosted 5/16/2013 11:13:29 AM
zoogelio posted...
The previous two sigs make me feel like I've entered a time warp (Michael Jackson- 2009 and the buttersheep- 2004, unless I've missed that WAR/WHM has come in vogue again or something).

It had some applications in endgame once upon a time, but that quote was from someone defending the job / subjob combination in exp parties with the justification that he casts Dia, and then he strikes, hahaha.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#32pixel378Posted 5/16/2013 12:56:09 PM
ZeroArchery posted...
pixel378 posted...
The ps4 will have an excellent launch and already does, games wise.

But yeah ps1, ps2, and ps3 launches were all bad. Ps3 had resistance and thats it. I think N64, GC, Wii and Wii U all sucked too. Its pretty common I think ps4 will be the first conoles that will actually have a good launch lineup assuming no delays (There will be)

Wait, the PlayStation 4 is released? I have been really busy lately so I haven't been keeping track.

Crap, I gotta look this up and get informed~

EDIT: LOL I read your post too fast, you said "will have" and the ending with delays.

How on Earth do you know it'll be a good launch then? XD You just said all of it's previous iterations had a bad launch, then say the PS4 won't? Shouldn't all the others having bad launches mean this one probably will too?

Because their is already about 5 legit launch titles and e3 hasn't even come yet, so their could be more.

Infamous: second son
Kill zone shadow fall
Knack
Drive club
Call of duty
Watch dogs

That alone is a great launch, and e3 will probably drop some bombs, potentially final fantasy 15, the last guardian etc.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#33lp913Posted 5/16/2013 1:00:33 PM
I agree with the TC, whole bunch of butthurt kids have clearly overexposed themselves here on the Wii U board, making themselves painfully obvious in the process.....wish I could sympathize with them! :P :-(
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#34nuskooIPosted 5/16/2013 1:14:06 PM
pixel378 posted...
Because their is already about 5 legit launch titles and e3 hasn't even come yet, so their could be more.

Infamous: second son - ick
Kill zone shadow fall - FPS, ick
Knack - GROSS!
Drive club - driving game, system seller?
Call of duty - FPS, ick
Watch dogs - probably meh

That alone is a great launch, and e3 will probably drop some bombs, potentially final fantasy 15, the last guardian etc. - don't count on it

Also, you're forgetting that a few of those will probably be delayed, lose their exclusivity, and not to mention most of those look pretty bad.

I for one will be skipping out on the InteractiveMovieStation4.
---
It opens doors. Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell I do not care which.
Not a fan of the InteractiveMovieStation3. I like to play games, not movies.
#35_Sovereign_Posted 5/16/2013 1:24:53 PM
Red_Powah_Ranga posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
shampoowarrior posted...
Well, yeah, plenty of consoles have had at least a few good games in the first year.

The Wii U's problem is more that, well, we're at about six months from launch now and it has had only two notable games released since the day it came out. That's a bit unprecedented, for me. Other launches, there have at least been a few games to talk about, even if they weren't games I was interested in. The Wii U had Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Lego City... in March... after their November launch... and meanwhile we're still waiting for "launch window" games a lot of people probably purchased the system for.

If you are talking about Rayman that is MicroSoft's fault. Or a combination of MS and Ubisoft I suppose. The game was already done and ready to be launched on the Wii U but MS said the game wasn't allowed to be on the 360 unless they launched it at the same time. So Ubisoft delayed the game on the Wii U for close to a YEAR. And now its going to come out at around the same time as GTAV so the sales are probably going to suck anyway.

This is why I am now convinced that MS is pressuring developers to not make games for the Wii U. MS hopes Nintendo will give up and go third party and then try to sign them to an exclusivity deal. They have already tried to buy Nintendo at least once, though I thought it was more then that. I mean if Rayman was going to come out on the 360 a month later I would understand, but to throw a fit about the game being released a year earlier and then saying it has to be delayed for that year or it won't be allowed to be on their console? Thats just ridiculous.

I wonder if they make tinfoil hats in my size. Could you ask for me?

If you're making a reference to his paranoia regarding MS then you may not need the hat...he's 100% correct. MS literally controls 3rd party games. You want it on the Xbox? You have to follow their guidelines.

If you're referring to something else, then I don't know.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#36zoogelioPosted 5/16/2013 1:54:22 PM
You must beware getting an aluminum foil hat. While they do have some defensive qualities, they do not provide nearly the protection tin foil hats do. Tin being denser than aluminum (see the periodic table- element 50 vs. element 13), it provides greater shielding against mind control rays.
#37TreGoodaPosted 5/16/2013 2:43:55 PM
lp913 posted...
I agree with the TC, whole bunch of butthurt kids have clearly overexposed themselves here on the Wii U board, making themselves painfully obvious in the process.....wish I could sympathize with them! :P :-(

tbqh, posts like yours make you seem like this is your second launch.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#38GamerguymassPosted 5/17/2013 7:36:13 PM
Red_Powah_Ranga posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
shampoowarrior posted...
Well, yeah, plenty of consoles have had at least a few good games in the first year.

The Wii U's problem is more that, well, we're at about six months from launch now and it has had only two notable games released since the day it came out. That's a bit unprecedented, for me. Other launches, there have at least been a few games to talk about, even if they weren't games I was interested in. The Wii U had Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Lego City... in March... after their November launch... and meanwhile we're still waiting for "launch window" games a lot of people probably purchased the system for.

If you are talking about Rayman that is MicroSoft's fault. Or a combination of MS and Ubisoft I suppose. The game was already done and ready to be launched on the Wii U but MS said the game wasn't allowed to be on the 360 unless they launched it at the same time. So Ubisoft delayed the game on the Wii U for close to a YEAR. And now its going to come out at around the same time as GTAV so the sales are probably going to suck anyway.

This is why I am now convinced that MS is pressuring developers to not make games for the Wii U. MS hopes Nintendo will give up and go third party and then try to sign them to an exclusivity deal. They have already tried to buy Nintendo at least once, though I thought it was more then that. I mean if Rayman was going to come out on the 360 a month later I would understand, but to throw a fit about the game being released a year earlier and then saying it has to be delayed for that year or it won't be allowed to be on their console? Thats just ridiculous.

I wonder if they make tinfoil hats in my size. Could you ask for me?

Everything I said is true except for the part about MS pressuring developers to not make games for the Wii U being an opinion. When you then take into account everything else I said actually being true, then it is a logical conclusion. Which console do you think most 3rd parties want to make games for? The 360/720 or the Wii U? Now imagine you are a developer and MS says we won't allow any of your games on our system if you make any games for the Wii U. What are you going to do? MS has already tried to buy Nintendo, so anything they can do to make Nintendo less valuable and easier to buy would be a goal for them.
#39Banjo2553Posted 5/17/2013 8:01:07 PM
pixel378 posted...

Infamous: second son
Kill zone shadow fall
Knack
Drive club
Call of duty
Watch dogs

That alone is a great launch, and e3 will probably drop some bombs, potentially final fantasy 15, the last guardian etc.

It's fine if you're excited for it, but really the only game I'm interested in is inFamous: Second Son. Watch_Dogs and ACIV are on PS3 too, so I find no reason to get them on PS4.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#40BaconPancakesPosted 5/17/2013 8:05:02 PM
My first generation was the 16-BIT gen with SNES and Mega-Drive (Genesis).