If Nintendo funds Denis for Shadow of the Eternals to be exclusive on Wii U

#11xChaosLordxPosted 5/14/2013 1:35:26 AM
I'll wait for COD
#12MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 1:51:42 AM
Would be hilarious if Eternal Darkness 2 is Retro's game.

Nintendo: "We wish you the best of Dennis. (you're gonna need it, the real sequel is coming soon lol)"
#13Rev0luti0nN0wPosted 5/14/2013 2:05:24 AM
If Nintendo funded Dennis Douchebag, it would be used for hookers and blow, and you'd end up with a game of Xmen Destiny quality.
---
PC: 2500k, 16 gb ram, 7970, 3 tb/2tb/128 gb samsung 830/6 monitor eyefinity
PSN: Zellio2010 NintendoID: Zellio2013
#14zoogelioPosted 5/14/2013 2:48:13 AM
Bad move. It might be more productive plugging money into a slot machine or flushing it down a toilet than giving it to Dyack. Of course, given how he flushed his entire company down the toilet, flushing money down the toilet is probably how to get the funding to him...
#15KAMMYqueenPosted 5/14/2013 3:20:02 AM
why is there no " i won't buy it or COD"
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#16EoinPosted 5/14/2013 4:01:07 AM
Why would any company want to fund something that's failing at crowdfunding so badly? One of the major reasons for crowdfunding (aside from the whole "get money" reason) is simply to verify that there's an audience for your product. The current figures, from the Precursor funding site and from Kickstarter, suggest that there isn't that much of an audience.
#17pokemonfreak97Posted 5/14/2013 5:04:09 AM
Numbuh100 posted...
DTY3 posted...
What a biased poll

That's your imagination.

No, it's not. I could not care about this game (except as much as I think more Wii U games are good) and yet also dislike the first-person shooter genre in general, including Call of Duty.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#18EarthLord_CJPosted 5/14/2013 5:20:48 AM
Eoin posted...
Why would any company want to fund something that's failing at crowdfunding so badly? One of the major reasons for crowdfunding (aside from the whole "get money" reason) is simply to verify that there's an audience for your product. The current figures, from the Precursor funding site and from Kickstarter, suggest that there isn't that much of an audience.

Or that people just don't trust Dyack.

Both are plausible, though, since while I don't think Eternal Darkness was a bad game (I've never played it before), it had a pretty niche audience for a Nintendo-published game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#19EoinPosted 5/14/2013 5:43:06 AM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
Or that people just don't trust Dyack.

That's very plausible too. I think the combination of a limited audience and a general distrust of the creators goes a long way towards explaining the current fairly dismal status of the crowdfunding. The episodic model probably doesn't help, although there probably wasn't any way for them to avoid that.

Whatever the reasons I would expect that the lack of donations and especially the lack of donors would discourage Nintendo, or any other company, from picking up the bill for the game's development.

EarthLord_CJ posted...
Both are plausible, though, since while I don't think Eternal Darkness was a bad game (I've never played it before), it had a pretty niche audience for a Nintendo-published game.

It was niche but influential - there was nothing particularly special about it as a game, and the story was fairly standard stuff (though it was well told and well-presented), but the atmosphere and the sanity effects really gripped people's imaginations. It was certainly talked about way out of proportion to its sales. That's usually a good thing, but in this case it may have caused Precursor games to overestimate the demand for a new game like Eternal Darkness.