Metroid Prime 3 Corruption vs. Metroid Other M....based on only gameplay.

#1TurkeyPotsPosted 5/13/2013 4:34:46 PM
Not story or writing etc.
#2RioichiCooperPosted 5/13/2013 4:37:13 PM
Corruption. It actually played like a Metroid game.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#3PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/13/2013 4:38:07 PM
I liked Other Ms actual combat better. Primes was like a really boring FPS, and was the only fault with those games I think.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4KaiserWarriorPosted 5/13/2013 4:38:07 PM
Prime 3 because it at least had some semblance of backtracking and exploration. Other M was a completely linear corridor from start to finish with invisible walls to prevent you from getting expansions in any way other than the exact single one that Nintendo/Team Ninja thought up. It was a disgrace to the Metroid series on gameplay alone.
#5cucumberkingPosted 5/13/2013 4:38:22 PM
Other M easily. Hell I liked everything about Other M way more than any of the Prime games.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti
#6PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/13/2013 4:38:40 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Prime 3 because it at least had some semblance of backtracking and exploration. Other M was a completely linear corridor from start to finish with invisible walls to prevent you from getting expansions in any way other than the exact single one that Nintendo/Team Ninja thought up. It was a disgrace to the Metroid series on gameplay alone.

Same time post woooohooooo!!!!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7Soanevalcke6Posted 5/13/2013 4:40:53 PM
Prime 3 because it played like an Actual Metroid Game. Other M played like ass compared to Super Metroid, Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, and the Prime Trilogy.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#8Phantom_NookPosted 5/13/2013 4:42:57 PM
I don't think anything was wrong with fleshing out the combat in Other M. But that came at the expense of non-Metroid level design and emphasis on a poor story, which is why I feel, and others feel, that Other M was a poor game. Corruption, like the other two Prime games, was a great extension of the 2D games.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#9TheCelticArcherPosted 5/13/2013 4:44:13 PM
Corruption, Other M had that tacked on FPS mode that just reminds you how much better the Prime series is.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#10TurkeyPots(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 4:50:08 PM
MP3: 5

Other M: 2