No Metro: Last Light? WiiU is Basically DEAD

#41UmitenchoPosted 5/14/2013 9:48:58 AM(edited)
ThePCElitist posted...
Umitencho posted...
drointhewind posted...
VanderZoo posted...
unknown2226 posted...
Why would anyone buy Metro on any console? That game is better played on your PC. Any game available on consoles and PC is always better to play on the PC - fact.

That's not a fact, PC version can be both the best and worst, depends on your PC. Most people have weak PC's, hence why they get the console version which plays it better. And most people prefer playing games on their couch instead of their desk anyway.

Most people are fools then, I play all PC games on my couch, big screen and with an 360 controller...........whats the problem again?

Shall I give you my paypal email so that you can send me the money necessary to upgrade my pc? Thank you.

People play consoles because they don't want to be stuck upgrading their computer every 2-3 years.

When you buy a console that is it. You don't have to pour in more money upgrading its internal hardware and any hardware upgrades are optional peripherals.

Skyrim on the 360 will play on all 360's but will not work on all PC's. That is the trade off of PC, all your games won't work once your PC's hardware become fossils but in return you push out new tech that pushes what future optimized tech will be able to do.

You mean upgrade every 4-5 years. You can always turn down settings to keep your frame rates up. On a console you can't do that. If the game runs at 20-27 FPS then it forever runs at 20-27 FPS on your console and bugs, glitches and crashes are unavoidable as you're at the will of the Developers to patch them out which may not ever happen.

Please just stop stating the console games always magically run flawlessly without performance issues. We've seen it countless times this generation where the consoles have struggled to properly run games and they still run like complete garbage now due to hardware limitations. Optimization only goes so far. It can't make a turtle into a rabbit.

Optimization does go far.

The games that I play on my 360 are not gonna work on my 10 year old PC that does everything else I want it to do fine.

I can buy a 360 game released this YEAR and have no problems, but playing a PC game that came out this year on my 10 year old PC? LOL. Better luck with the lottery.

Settings don't do crap when you don't meet the minimum requirments. With a console, that is the minimum unless it requires something extra like kinect.

As for glitches and what not, that is a dev issue. Don't try to move the conversation from pc benefits vs console benefits to why glitches get into retail versions of games. Go try it on the PC board.

For clarification: I am talking about retail console games that have PC ports and vice versa.

Anybody can play one of those nickle and dime Free To Play MMO's that get boring after 5 minutes.
#42UmitenchoPosted 5/14/2013 9:51:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#43ska_dude101Posted 5/14/2013 9:50:32 AM
... You're not actually reading what I'm saying. I'm saying "Don't buy the DLC". I also happen to be saying that people are complaining to complain, and that most wouldn't actually be interested in the content in the DLC.
#44UmitenchoPosted 5/14/2013 9:54:03 AM
ska_dude101 posted...
... You're not actually reading what I'm saying. I'm saying "Don't buy the DLC". I also happen to be saying that people are complaining to complain, and that most wouldn't actually be interested in the content in the DLC.

I am saying I am gonna wait for the game to become more cheaper before dropping any kind of money.
#45blunderminePosted 5/14/2013 9:56:59 AM
Tell me more about how the thing announced months ago which finally came to pass is a reflection of the current state of things.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#46ska_dude101Posted 5/14/2013 9:57:06 AM
I got it for $35 on PC, so...
#47tsizzle420Posted 5/14/2013 10:00:30 AM
I didn't buy my wii u for fps's. I have a ps3 and pc if I ever want to play one again but I'm really tired of that genre.
---
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
NNID: CrimsonCommie. PSN: tsizzle420
#48UmitenchoPosted 5/14/2013 10:06:15 AM
ska_dude101 posted...
I got it for $35 on PC, so...

Good for you. I have patience.
#49VanderZooPosted 5/14/2013 10:13:37 AM
drointhewind posted...
VanderZoo posted...
unknown2226 posted...
Why would anyone buy Metro on any console? That game is better played on your PC. Any game available on consoles and PC is always better to play on the PC - fact.

That's not a fact, PC version can be both the best and worst, depends on your PC. Most people have weak PC's, hence why they get the console version which plays it better. And most people prefer playing games on their couch instead of their desk anyway.

Most people are fools then, I play all PC games on my couch, big screen and with an 360 controller...........whats the problem again?

PC's are designed for desks, not living rooms.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#50QWERTY_369Posted 5/14/2013 10:16:53 AM
VanderZoo posted...
drointhewind posted...
VanderZoo posted...
unknown2226 posted...

PC's are designed for desks, not living rooms.

what if my desk has a couch in front of it
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.