So....all these games and franchises are trash!?

#51pokemonfreak97Posted 5/14/2013 4:56:58 AM
As I always say in the "long list of games that aren't coming to the Wii U" topics, it is a pity. I'm slightly confused on Need for Speed given that one just came out on the Wii U pretty recently, and I'm not sure how many of them (besides the sports games) were on the Wii anyway. Still not good.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#52Rennik RepotsirPosted 5/14/2013 5:29:06 AM
Upcoming EA games not coming to the Wii U:
- NCAA Football 2014 - I don't...
- Madden 25 - ... like sports games.
- Battlefield 4 - Haven't cared for since the first.
- Fuse - demo was dull.

Franchises that will not be coming to the Wii U:
- Need for Speed - Don't care for racing games.
- Dragon Age - have it, wasting space.
- Battlefield - (see above)
- FIFA - no like sports games
- Medal of Honor - haven't cared for this since the second one
- Final Fantasy XV - Squaresucks
- Metal Gear Solid V - haven't cared for this
- Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes - since the second one

So yes... these games in my possession would be trash. The only value it will have is the calculated space needed to store it's given mass... You may like them; but they're not for me...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#53darkqueenhelbaPosted 5/14/2013 5:32:36 AM
I won't say they're trash but I'm not interested in them. Besides maybe FF, but even that series has been going down hill for a long time. Most of those franchises are trite and overly pedantic. They just don't feel like GAMES to me. Just my opinion.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#54HackfestreturnsPosted 5/14/2013 5:39:55 AM
How do people not see that it isn't good for a system to get straight up skipped by SO many games and publishers. It doesn't matter if you think every game ever that isn't coming to the Wii U is trash. It's the fact that games sell systems. And a system with a list of "trash" like that is in trouble.
---
For 2 consoles we turn a profit by selling old hardware instead of competing head on, hoping the included gimmick will entice you - Nintendo
#55renzsweetPosted 5/14/2013 5:46:50 AM
It IS unfortunate, but I own all the systems and a powerful gaming pc, so I will not miss out. Besides, I buy Nintendo systems for the Zelda games primarily.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#56Rasputin77Posted 5/14/2013 5:48:01 AM
Undietaker posted...
I enjoy a good Nintendo bashing as much as the next guy but you completely failed and should not be taken seriously in any context the second you wrote Saints Row 4....... for shame.

Would you like to define "failed and should not be taken seriously"? How about someone who completely discredits or disregards everything another person says all because of one point they disagree with... now that's a failure who should not be taken seriously.

Oddly enough... that also sums up the mindset of about 25% of the posters on this site. XD

And Baha is right - there's zero reason for this thread to continue past their first post... at least it wasn't "Ok?" for the 1,000th time. ;)
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#57MasterLink2012Posted 5/14/2013 5:51:46 AM
I don't think they are trash, not at all.
I just don't miss them on the WiiU.
#58tizzywilkillyouPosted 5/14/2013 6:06:11 AM
dart246 posted...
Terotrous posted...
That's a surprisingly bad list. NFS is the only game in the entire list I care about (and we just got an NFS game so I'm good for the moment).

Fine here's the "better" list.

1. Hitman Absolution
2. Far Cry 3
3. Hitman HD Trilogy
4. Bioshock Inifinte
5. Dead Space 3
6. Metal Gear Solid Revengeance
7. DMC
8. Anarachy Reigns
9. Naruto Ultimate Shin. 3
10. Walking Dead (Hell that's on the iPhone/iPad now even)
11. GTA V
12. MGS 5
13. Saints Row 4
14. Crysis 3
15. Lost Planet 3
16. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
17. Dark Souls 2
18. Dead Island: Riptide
19. Grid 2
20. Lords of Shadows 2
21. Metro Last Light
22. The Bureau: XCOM
23. Remember Me
24. Deadpool
25. Destiny
26. Defiance
27. Star Trek
28. South Park Stick of Truth
29. Rainbow Six Patriots
30. Battlefield 4
31. NCAA 2014
32. Fifa 2014
33. Tiger Woods
34. Madden 25
35. Fuse
36. MLB 2K13
37. The Evil Within
38. Killer is Dead
39. FFXIII Lightning's Return
40. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Digital)
41. Karetake (Digital)
42. TMNT: Out of the Shadows (Digital)
43. NBA 2K14
44. NFL 14
45. Sniper Elite 3
46. Wolfenstein: The New Order
47. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
48. The Wolf Among Us
49. Ride to Hell: Retribution
50. Ride to Hell: Route 666 (digital download)
51. Sacred 3
52. Sacred Citadel (digital download)
53. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (digital download)
54. Castle of Illusion (digital download)
55. WWE 2K14
56. Dynasty Warriors 8
57. Darkstalkers Resurrection (digital download)
58. Dollar Dash (digital download)
59. MUD - FIM Motocross World Championship
60. Mars: War Logs (digital download)
61. The Dark Eye - Demonicon
62. Spartacus Legends (digital download)
63. Witcher 3

And while you might sit here and say that it's not fair that some of those games are on the list because they started development before the Wii U was officially revealed/launched, then you can't include:

1. Mass Effect 3
2. Darksiders II
3. Assassin's Creed III
4. NFS: Most Wanted
5. Tekken Tag Tournament
6. Skylanders Giants
7. Call of Duty Black Ops 2
8. Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
9. NBA 2K13
10. Madden 13
11. Wipeout 3

As being part of the Wii U library, can't have it both ways as "those games don't count because the Wii U wasn't out/just came out" as those games game it VERY VERY close or after the launch of the Wii U.

But then again all of those games are trash by the standards of this board.

Having any of those on Wii U wouldn't be a BAD thing obviously, but to be honest, out of those 63 games I'm interested in exactly one (maybe two) of them (plus the next Mass Effect). I'll play them on PC. No skin off my nose. The biggest 3rd party game I'm interested in for the rest of this year is Watch Dogs, which IS coming to Wii U.

It's amazing to me how people who don't even own Wii U's lose their minds over this **** while most Wii U owners seem to be generally happy with the system.
#59Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/14/2013 6:10:00 AM
Hackfestreturns posted...
How do people not see that it isn't good for a system to get straight up skipped by SO many games and publishers. It doesn't matter if you think every game ever that isn't coming to the Wii U is trash. It's the fact that games sell systems. And a system with a list of "trash" like that is in trouble.

You might have been right had the WiiU launched at the same time as the PS4 or 720, but right now, no one is really willing to pay money to play games when they most likely already have a console or PC to play them on. Yes, it's worrying that there's so many upcoming games not coming to the WiiU, but it's more a symptom of today's market than the state of the console.

No one wants to take risks. They can't afford to take risks. Square Enix posted a massive loss despite their games selling several millions. Budgets are too big and are only going to get bigger. The insistance on vocals, the longer programming of better AI, the making of better engines and AI, these all add up. Then you factor in the advertising which is also spiralling out of control, and you have a major problem, because the thing is, unless your game is CoD or a Nintendo made game, selling over 1 million on a single console is a massive achievement, and yet companies are now saying they need games to sell over 5 million to be profitiable? It's not going to happen.

What's worse though, is that everyone is deluding themselves into thinking it's going to happen straight away with the PS4 and 720. It's not. These consoles are not going to be selling millions for weeks, there'll be a surge at the start and they'll slow down. People just aren't as willing to spend as they were, the falling profits and sales of Apple products attest to that. See here's the thing, gaming isn't actually recession proof, it's a fad. A popular fad yes but in the eyes of the many casuals, still a fad. The loyalists will buy launch consoles and that'll be it.

So lets say the PS4 and 720 sell 5 million each between launch and February next year. Both are going to be launched with a good selection of games, so sales are going to be thin. I'd say only 10% of launch games will sell over 1 million, which means a lot of games are going to be making losses for their producers. People make games for consoles under faith, but faith doesn't pay the bills.

And lets not forget the elephant in the room, the current generation. GTAV, CoD Ghosts, Assassin's Creed. The games that actually do sell, they;re going to be released on current generation consoles which have already been revealed to not be backwards compatiable. So why should the dudebros, the CoDkiddies, the people who buy games, upgrade to a new console which will set them back hundreds when their current consoles play all the current games? For future games like Killzone 4 or inFamous 2Dark4Edgy edition? Don't kid yourselves. InFamous 2 took a month to sell a million, it's not a system seller. Killzone is not a system seller, and Knack? Well it looks interesting, but I cannot see people upgrading for a cutesy adventure game.

So, yeah, the next generation could well be the one were we crash, and when it does, the only company who won't be decimated by it is, hilariously, Nintendo, because they played it too safe.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#60DeathSnipe777Posted 5/14/2013 6:15:10 AM
It's amazing to me how people who don't even own Wii U's lose their minds over this **** while most Wii U owners seem to be generally happy with the system.

---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu