I have a fear of buying a Wii U because it might become the next Dreamcast

#11Darkside_ShadowPosted 5/14/2013 4:22:40 AM
andrea987 posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
I will not become the next Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was actually good.

So...you're not. Well, at least we agree on something.

Joke, BTW.

I know its funny. But Im not going to defend my original typo. Because itīs actually true haha.
#12darkqueenhelbaPosted 5/14/2013 4:24:17 AM
So what if it is? I still have lots of great games for my DC. Why would Wii U be any different? Even if this system doesn't sell very well, Nintendo is going to push this console until they have all their major titles out for it. If sales still won't pick up that's when they'll abandon it. But what a lot of people fail to realize is that they sold enough at launch to push another year. And the samething will likely happen this holiday season. So even if all they have to back them up is holiday sales that's plenty of drive to keep going. It's going to be mediocre return for them, but enough to keep supporting it.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#13andrea987Posted 5/14/2013 4:31:54 AM
andrea987 posted...
I will not become the next Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was actually good.

So...you're not. Well, at least we agree on something.

Joke, BTW.

I know its funny. But Im not going to defend my original typo. Because itīs actually true haha.

lol, it's all good man, and don't worry about the U, it'll be fine. This time next year it'll be another 3DS.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Ni no Kuni, Need for Speed MWU, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Batman ACAE, Trine 2 DC.
#14AhnoldDoodPosted 5/14/2013 4:33:18 AM
supremeblaster posted...
That's ridiculous. The Dreamcast was discontinued because of Sega being in a very bad state financially. Nintendo are nowhere near that level.

Don't try to bring logic into topics like this!
#15Felicia_catladyPosted 5/14/2013 5:02:36 AM(edited)
thundercat2600 posted...
I think it'll be the next GameCube. A console you dust off twice a year to play the first party games.

Or Resident Evil games (the GC version of Code Veronica is AMAZING! :p).
---
Marcy.
:3
#16DDP886Posted 5/14/2013 5:04:51 AM
Hey CEman I recently sold my wii u for 155
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#17deathwave21Posted 5/14/2013 5:18:26 AM
I bought a Wii U because I know that once it actually gets games it will be impossible to find one.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#18deathsaber79Posted 5/14/2013 5:18:26 AM
Dreamcast had about 10 mill sold in 4 years (and the plug was pulled earlier than 4 years)
Wii U has sold almost 4 mill basically on New Super Mario U alone in these first few lean months. Once we have Pikmin, 3d Mario, Zelda Wind Waker, and Mario Kart on the shelf by the end of the year, along with previews of Smash Brothers, and the announcment of a new Zelda, and hopefully another appearance of the Xenoblade sequel, we'll have 10 mill easily sold by 2014.

Nintendo survived on 20 mill sold on Gamecbue and 30 mill sold on N64, and they have been printing money with the gameboy/DS family for decades now so I wouldn't worry.
#19wolf_blitzer85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 5:15:02 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
I think it'll be the next GameCube. A console you dust off twice a year to play the first party games.

if Nintendo admitted the House of Sonic (TM) was incredibly awesome [which they are], they would buy SEGA, destroy Sony, and be 1st or 2nd in console sales for the forseeable future.
---
my beard status: Defending YOUR 2nd Amendment rights!!
#20StirlingoPosted 5/15/2013 5:25:50 AM
The Wii U's situation is absolutely nothing at all like the Dreamcast's. People who constantly try to draw parallels between the two consoles, or even try to claim Nintendo is in a similar situation to what Sega was, are miles off the mark.