ZombiU sequel prototype 'being worked on'

#1squatch22Posted 5/14/2013 3:52:18 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/405704/zombiu-2-prototype-being-worked-on/

Jean-Philippe Caro, creative director at ZombiU studio Ubisoft Montpellier, has said on Twitter that work on a prototype for a sequel is underway.

Reshane Francis @KingreX32
@Bignozjip Im sure you guys have gotten this question alot but if I could just ask, Can we expect a ZombiU sequel

Jean-Philippe Caro @Bignozjip
@KingreX32 thank you for your interest in zombiu. The team is working hard on a prototype. itīs too soon to tell you more.

Caro's comment follows one given to a NeoGAF user last month by ZombiU writer Antony Johnston, who also hinted on Twitter that a sequel may be in the works:

Idstone @IdstonePapers
@antonyjohnston ...and it would be lovely to see a sequel to Zombi that expands on the great start here.

Antony Johnston @antonyjohnston
@IdstonePapers It would indeed. *says no more*

In January, ZombiU producer Guillaume Brunier said Ubisoft considered including cooperative gameplay in the Wii U launch title before leaving it on the drawing board due to time constraints.

However, were Ubisoft's to release DLC for the game or make future instalments, Brunier said tackling "how to bring a cooperative experience and still keep fear and tension is a question we would love to address".

He added: "We did not spend a lot of time contemplating online multiplayer as we had other issues to address. In our most exciting dreams, we would like to create an online experience where players never quite know where they stand between coop and player vs. player. Doubt is a great nest for tension and fear."

In our ZombiU review we called the game "an imaginative take on the tired zombie genre, with some genuinely clever ideas and a grimly realistic setting."
---
Sony stock before PS2: 16,250 - Sony stock now: 1,855
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#2Androm2Posted 5/14/2013 3:55:54 AM
Noooo please, I hate that game so much and I like everything zombie.
---
"Skies of Arcadia, Suikoden 2. Suikoden 5 are the games that effected my view of life, the best entertainment I've ever had, the humans best creation"
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/14/2013 3:56:25 AM
Yaaay! Hope they can polish it up like they did with Red Steel 2 (although ZombiU is a million times better than the first Red Steel by comparison).
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4shaunmePosted 5/14/2013 3:56:29 AM
would a zombie u sequel make you buy a wii u?
---
MY Wii u IS a next gen console!!
It just has LAST gen hardware. NNID:shaunme
#5biggy204Posted 5/14/2013 4:20:44 AM
shaunme posted...

Nope, but wouldnt it be funny if the sequal became Multiplatform with the Xbox using kintect lol
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#6icarus231Posted 5/14/2013 4:26:47 AM
biggy204 posted...
shaunme posted...

Nope, but wouldnt it be funny if the sequal became Multiplatform with the Xbox using kintect lol

Kinect cant mimic the gamepad so i doubt that would happen.
#7Rasputin77Posted 5/14/2013 4:31:09 AM
Yes, so since that can't happen, it can't possibly be funny.

Wait... what?
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#8DeathSnipe777Posted 5/14/2013 4:38:52 AM
Noooo please, I hate that game so much and I like everything zombie.

You didn't like the game so no one else should have the chance to enjoy a sequel?
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#9zerooo0Posted 5/14/2013 4:55:03 AM
So the Wii U may finally have its own franchise
---
Money is power, and in that government which pays all the public officers of the states will all political power be substantially concentrated --Andrew Jackson.
#10parkourboybryanPosted 5/14/2013 5:09:02 AM
zerooo0 posted...
So the Wii U may finally have its own franchise

Unless they want to dumb down the gameplay to make it Multiplatform, then yes, it will stay exclusive. Of course this happened with Rayman Legends as well, so it wouldn't be surprising if it did happen.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2