RE: Revelations superior on Xbox360

#31vectorx40Posted 5/14/2013 5:54:12 AM
AstralFrost posted...
vectorx40 posted...
I love living in my multiplatform bubble where I think the 3DS is a Nintendo console that is great and has fantastic software. My WiiU has been used around 4 days since purchase. I'll hang on to it for Mario 3D, Pimin and Bayonetta etc as I love games but anyone with a PC, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS and a WiiU ( I have all) will tell you that ALL multiplats on the WiiU are worse than on any other format. I'm sticking to first party only on it from now on.

This is the same situation I'm in for the Wii U. It has very few games of its own currently and runs multiplats worse than any other system, its just baffling. Nintendo somehow managed to make a next gen console that is weaker and performs worse than previous gen.

I'm dissapointed as I loved Revelations on my 3DS and it was a Nintendo exclusive, the WiiU version should of been the best version. The slow motion, slide show performance of the software affects the playabilty. Sonic Transformed is plagued with gameplay affecting drops too. Pikmin and Mario 3D better play well and more importantly be smooth or I will just end up giving the console to my nephew. 3rd party games are doing the image of the WiiU no favours at all. Nintendo has it's work cut out trying to breathe life into this machine now and the sad thing is, I love Nintendo games, some of my favourite experiences have been with Nintendo, SNES gaming days, Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 etc etc

Just before the N64 launched and I saw Mario 64 my jaw hit the floor. Nintendo need to bring back that feeling with Mario 3D on the WiiU but I am not holding my breath!
#32shaunmePosted 5/14/2013 5:54:13 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
vectorx40 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
vectorx40 posted...
I was optimistic about the WiiU a short while ago, now I am worried. Capcom know how to program even if their games can be underwhelming playability wise and the WiiU version is terrible compared to the 360. I just tried the 360 demo and it is in a different league.

Aside from first party (no decent first party games yet released) this console is becoming a joke. The machine can't run multiplatform games anywhere near as well as the PS3 and 360. The Revelations demo on WiiU is like a slide show with horrendous control issues, yet silky smooth on an antique 360 with silken controls...not impressed at all!

Batman was a disaster, that was another slide show with the engine struggling to perform and it is missing stereoscopic 3D (obviosuly because the hardware had enough of a struggle trying to run the game in 2D)! :\

NNID RetroFuture
360 SchnauzerAttack
PS3 RetroFuture

Its cute how you don't know that B:AC has framerate problems on the other consoles too.

Well I own Batman on the 360 and can tell you that even in steroscopic 3D mode which is basically processing the game twice the game runs far better than the WiiU. I loved that game on the 360 and thought the WiiU version would be superior which it obviously isn't. It is slow, chuggy and doesn't play as smoothly!

You keep living in that little bubble, kid.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-wii-u-face-off
---
MY Wii u IS a next gen console!!
It just has LAST gen hardware. NNID:shaunme
#33shaunmePosted 5/14/2013 5:58:57 AM
vectorx40 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
vectorx40 posted...
I love living in my multiplatform bubble where I think the 3DS is a Nintendo console that is great and has fantastic software. My WiiU has been used around 4 days since purchase. I'll hang on to it for Mario 3D, Pimin and Bayonetta etc as I love games but anyone with a PC, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS and a WiiU ( I have all) will tell you that ALL multiplats on the WiiU are worse than on any other format. I'm sticking to first party only on it from now on.

This is the same situation I'm in for the Wii U. It has very few games of its own currently and runs multiplats worse than any other system, its just baffling. Nintendo somehow managed to make a next gen console that is weaker and performs worse than previous gen.

I'm dissapointed as I loved Revelations on my 3DS and it was a Nintendo exclusive, the WiiU version should of been the best version. The slow motion, slide show performance of the software affects the playabilty. Sonic Transformed is plagued with gameplay affecting drops too. Pikmin and Mario 3D better play well and more importantly be smooth or I will just end up giving the console to my nephew. 3rd party games are doing the image of the WiiU no favours at all. Nintendo has it's work cut out trying to breathe life into this machine now and the sad thing is, I love Nintendo games, some of my favourite experiences have been with Nintendo, SNES gaming days, Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 etc etc

Just before the N64 launched and I saw Mario 64 my jaw hit the floor. Nintendo need to bring back that feeling with Mario 3D on the WiiU but I am not holding my breath!

completely agree but you are wasting your breath, half of the trolls dont know what frame rate is and the other half would never admit to seeing drops on their beloved Nintendo system.
---
#34gameG3ni3Posted 5/14/2013 6:01:33 AM
AstralFrost posted...
vectorx40 posted...

Or it's like the PS3 which got multiplats that didn't run as well because devs didn't know how to use it's power. I wish the PS3 defenders would have been with the console from day one like I was. Almost two years of nothingness...GameStop almost gave up the console...they would give you a brandnew game if you traded in two used ones for the first year of that console. The Internet was plastered with PS3 is a flop articles...it can't run 3rd party games as well as 360. That was 18 months into its console life, Wii U is only 6 into its life!!!
---
("+[__]::") = love
#35PigfartsPosted 5/14/2013 6:01:36 AM
AstralFrost posted...
No surprise. I expect people to now say it wasn't optimised properly for the Wii U and its the devs fault. Then when Capcom drops support they'll say "we never needed Capcom anyway".

I don't think capcom will leave the Wii U, out of most of the developers I personally think capcom has the most diverse set of games, so they tend to do okay on nintendo systems becuase their games cater more to the nintendo crowd then say bethseda games.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#36parkourboybryanPosted 5/14/2013 6:06:22 AM
What g3nie said, there's a ridiculous double standard going around here.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#37Darkside_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 6:07:48 AM
gameG3ni3 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
vectorx40 posted...

Or it's like the PS3 which got multiplats that didn't run as well because devs didn't know how to use it's power. I wish the PS3 defenders would have been with the console from day one like I was. Almost two years of nothingness...GameStop almost gave up the console...they would give you a brandnew game if you traded in two used ones for the first year of that console. The Internet was plastered with PS3 is a flop articles...it can't run 3rd party games as well as 360. That was 18 months into its console life, Wii U is only 6 into its life!!!

Thing is the Wii U might only be 6 months into its life. But its already 6 years behind in performance.

#38vectorx40Posted 5/14/2013 6:08:41 AM
gameG3ni3 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
vectorx40 posted...

I used my PS3 primarily as a Blu Ray player before the great games started coming, I think anyone with a hint of intelligence knew it had potential due to the clock speeds and understood that the Cell would be difficult to program. This isn't the story with the WiiU, I personally don't even think it is match for the PS3 or 360 power wise, true the graphics card is newer and will have more grunt as far as effects are concerned and it has more ram but outside of first party (which still has to prove itself) I am genuinely shocked by the poor software performance. It is down to slow ram, a tri core, seriously slow processor and the fact that the gamepad streaming takes up processing cycles.

Nintendo are going to have to program to it's strengths and compromise with it' weaknesses.
#39shaunmePosted 5/14/2013 6:10:08 AM
gameG3ni3 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
vectorx40 posted...

are you deluded?? the ps3 ran multiplats worse than a console FROM THE SAME GENERATION!!

The wii u is apparently next gen SO THERE IS NO COMPARISION.
---
#40parkourboybryanPosted 5/14/2013 6:13:13 AM
And another thing, the controls are fine. They could be better, but the aiming problems are grossly exaggerated, just for the same of having something to b**** about.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2