Should they just get rid of Blue Shells?

#1TrueBlue91Posted 5/14/2013 8:28:08 AM
Instead of trying to redeem them/ justify their existence? I mean, seriously, they were such a ridiculous idea and whoever the hell came up with it should feel bad.
"Hurr durr lez giv da looza fing 2 mak teh winna looz"
It doesn't even make any sense, it just... ugh.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2Virus66Posted 5/14/2013 8:36:39 AM(edited)
They are fine, but for christ's sake, make them more rare. It should just be a saving grace that you MIGHT see every couple of races. As it stands, they throw multiple of them at you every lap. It's a party game, it's intended to shift the balance really quickly. Mario Party throws random stars/coins to losing players to make it a closer match. Smash Bros can give the losing player a Final Smash to level the playing field a bit. Why can't Mario Kart have their blue shells?
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 5/14/2013 8:34:26 AM
There are few thing in gaming, these days, that make me as controller chuckingly mad as those damn blue shells.
---
Edifica adversario tuo aureum pons ad receptum trans
#4MlREFOXPosted 5/14/2013 8:36:22 AM
Blue shells. A no-skill, cheap, and artificial way to create a catch-up mechanic. Do away with them, and good riddance.
#5Virus66Posted 5/14/2013 8:37:05 AM
MlREFOX posted...
Blue shells. A no-skill, cheap, and artificial way to create a catch-up mechanic. Do away with them, and good riddance.

Because rubberbanding totally doesn't exist...
---
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#6KaiserWarriorPosted 5/14/2013 8:37:15 AM
Your problem is that you're trying to take a silly party game seriously.

See also: Fox and Falco on Final Destination with No Items Bros.
#7Virus66Posted 5/14/2013 8:39:01 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Your problem is that you're trying to take a silly party game seriously.

See also: Fox and Falco on Final Destination with No Items Bros.

B-But Smash is in EVO!!!
---
#8rafiiillaPosted 5/14/2013 8:40:41 AM
MlREFOX posted...

Isn't every ítem a cheap and artificial way to create a catch-up mechanic?

- Make a item menú (as smash) to toggle ON/OFF each ítem and adjust frequency
- Blue Shell hits every player the way it did on MK64
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk3xxrWmyk1qj8d3jo1_500.gif
#9TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:56:28 AM
Virus66 posted...
Smash Bros can give the losing player a Final Smash to level the playing field a bit. Why can't Mario Kart have their blue shells?

Not really comparable though.

Firstly, a skilled player will likely be able to avoid getting hit by a rubbish player's Final Smash, it's much more feasible than trying to dodge Blue Shells.

And secondly it directly affects the user - they benefit straight away, whereas Blue Shell users often don't even gain anything, they just screw over the lead player unfairly.
Thirdly you have to be doing REALLY badly to get a Final Smash, merely being the worst player in the match won't do.
Etc.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#10Rasputin77Posted 5/14/2013 9:02:46 AM
No! And miss out on all the babies who complain about them? Never.

"^ Whuu, has never been in 1st place befor--"-- Whuuu, u so clever! ^__^
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/