Is frostbite engine going to ios but not wiiU a sign of the end?

#11FFXIgaiaknightPosted 5/14/2013 6:36:02 PM
i gurantee you the wii u could run a version of the frostbite engine its just that right now EA doesnt see any profit in the platform for now.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#12AstralFrostPosted 5/14/2013 6:38:40 PM
solosnake posted...
For me personally, this is not an issue of tech being weaker. It concerns me because we may end up with nothing but Nintendo titles if this becomes the trend.

May not even end up with that much if Nintendo decides to pull support. Remember the Wii U is already selling at a loss so any further price drops to increase sales is going to hurt a lot and would require even more game sales to make a profit. Could be a tall order if there simply aren't enough games to choose from. Its a hideous cycle unfortunately, thats arisen from a combination of weak console, lack of launch titles and ignoring third parties. Many of the Wii U's issues are so inherent that they simply can't be fixed without rereleasing the console. Lets be honest here - who would actually buy Wii U 2 if that was the path they went down?
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#13TheCelticArcherPosted 5/14/2013 6:40:23 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
TheCelticArcher posted...
That's what happens when you say no to EA, they flip their **** and act like children throwing a tantrum. I can see some EA titles coming to the Wii U in the future, but I honestly do not care unless it's Mirror's Edge 2 or something unique looking.

I'm pretty certain that if the Wii U was a profitable enough venture, they would put away their emotions and start making games for them. They haven't. The Wii U is not profitable.

They shouldn't have deliberately shot themselves in the foot by releasing Mass Effect 3, with it's terrible fan reception, for the full price of $60, when you could get the entire trilogy for the same exact price with DLC.
Need For Speed Most Wanted U seems like the hardest they've tried, but it's an old game that was out for many months on other platforms.
Crysis 3 might have done well if they didn't can it.
There's honestly something wrong with the game industry these days if something that sells 3 million copies of a game is considered a failure and could put the company in the red.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#14AstralFrostPosted 5/14/2013 6:40:54 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
i gurantee you the wii u could run a version of the frostbite engine its just that right now EA doesnt see any profit in the platform for now.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter either way if EA refuses to publish games on it and they can give whatever reason they feel like.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#15PendragoonPosted 5/14/2013 6:42:59 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
TheCelticArcher posted...
That's what happens when you say no to EA, they flip their **** and act like children throwing a tantrum. I can see some EA titles coming to the Wii U in the future, but I honestly do not care unless it's Mirror's Edge 2 or something unique looking.

I'm pretty certain that if the Wii U was a profitable enough venture, they would put away their emotions and start making games for them. They haven't. The Wii U is not profitable.

No console is profitable during the first year for third parties unless you are all that is worth playing. (CoD2 on the 360 for example) There just aren't enough consoles sold to cover a diverse third party lineup during this time.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#16RoyalDroneXPosted 5/14/2013 6:51:18 PM
biggy204 posted...
RoyalDroneX posted...
AstralFrost posted...
Wii U confirmed weaker tech than ios.

Crytek and Activision proved "weaker tech" is a lie

Yes but are they releasing anything note worthy using the engine they say works on the Wii U?

If you recall, the Wii U's getting CoD: Ghosts
---
"Urge to destroy world...rising..." (Black Mage from 8-bit Theater)
#17biggy204Posted 5/14/2013 6:58:18 PM
RoyalDroneX posted...
biggy204 posted...
RoyalDroneX posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Yes but are they releasing anything note worthy using the engine they say works on the Wii U?

If you recall, the Wii U's getting CoD: Ghosts

I dont think its been comfirmed, as I recall PS3/360 and possible next gen consoles. Which may not include the Wii U.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#18QlJGamerPosted 5/14/2013 7:10:09 PM
Maybe because of the U, Online, EA is unable to release games on the system at the moment. Considering this Origin thing they are not letting it go.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#19RockD79Posted 5/14/2013 8:13:15 PM
Actually it's more of a sign that Frostbite unable to run on Wii U is just a bunch of hippie crap.
---
Just Finished: Lego LOTR, Currently Playing: MH3U, MW3, Solomon's Key Next up: Resident Evil: Revelations
#20KinthurPosted 5/14/2013 8:20:32 PM
biggy204 posted...
RoyalDroneX posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Crysis 3 for the Wii U was complete. They only needed EA to publish it.